The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a national level aptitude test conducted in India by XLRI also known as Xavier Labour Relations Institute. It is a B-School in Jamshedpur in the state of Jharkhand.
XAT exam is conducted in order to enroll the eligible candidates to B-Schools for Post-Graduation studies. XAT test examines a candidate’s skills & answering abilities in Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation/Logical Reasoning skills & finally General Awareness queries as well as a question on essay.
In a way XAT is very much similar to CAT which is being conducted by the IIM’s just that CAT does not include essay type questions & also questions on General Awareness.
Let us discuss the eligibility criteria required to appear for XAT 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for XAT 2016
The candidate must have passed Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University if not then he/shall must have completed the Degree by 10th June, 2016. NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2016)
Important dates for XAT 2016
- Date of commencement of Application: 4th September 2015
- Last date for applying: 30th November 2015
- Last date to change Test City: 26th November, 2015
- Downloading Admit Cards: 20th December,2015 to 31st December,2015
- Date of Exam: 3rd January, 2016 [Test timings: 10.30 a.m to 1.30 p.m]
How to apply for XAT 2016?
- One can visit the website http://www.xatonline.net.in & click “XAT Registration”. One needs to fill the preliminary information, & enter a password of their choice & submit it. Candidates receive XAT ID by e-mail on submission of the details.
- Next step is to log in XAT account & fill educational & other details as well as choose the Test City.
- Fee for XAT 2015 is Rs.1500/- for all candidates.
- Mode of Payment is possible through three ways.
i)Online Payment Gateway: Payment is possible through Visa/Master card/Debit Card, IDBI Net Banking (this option is available only for IDBI account holder)
ii) Cash Payment: Applicant has to take a print out of the XAT Pay-in-Slip visit nearest IDBI bank & make the payment.
iii)Demand Draft: Applicant needs to make a demand draft in favor of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur.
(Note:Applicant paying through mode 2 & 3 are required to update the payment details in the registration page, failure to do so, such candidates will not be allowed to upload their photo & signature.)
Also payments made through Demand Draft, need to send their DD along with the conformation page to
XLRI, Circuit house Area (East),
within 15 days from the issuance of Demand Draft.
The applicants can download the bulletin from www.xlri.ac.in