VITEEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The Vellore Institute of Technology located at Vellore, Tamil Nadu is one of the leading institutes in the field of both Engineering and Technology. The institute was founded and established in the year 1984, as a private self financing institution, known as Vellore Engineering College.
The Vellore Institute of Technology was established under the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act 1956, but its only in the year 2001, the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development, conferred the University Status to this Private Engineering College.
The Vellore Institute of Engineering has 2 Campuses; the first one is located in Vellore, Tamil Nadu and the second one is located in Chennai. Both these campuses offer degree level programs and courses in Engineering & Technology.
VITEEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant should be a resident / non-resident Indian national.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after July 1, 1994 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2016.
- Candidates, who have studied in regular, full time and formal education alone, are eligible to apply.
- New: NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE 2016.
- Candidates appearing for VITEEE should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2016, in any one of the specified qualifying examinations.
- Candidates appearing for VITEEE in 2016 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/ Intermediate). The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST and those hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states.
VITEEE 2016 Application Form:
VITEEE 2016 Application Form (online and offline) will be available from November 27, 2015 onwards. All the correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only. Therefore, the applicants must get ready with valid email id and mobile number for contact.
Online Application Form
Following instructions have to be followed:
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 50kb – 100kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of signature of the candidate with 20kb – 50kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format
- Mode of Payment – Internet Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card / and Demand Draft Mode
Offline Application Form
Applications will be available in selected Head Post Offices.
VITEEE 2016 Important Dates
- Start of VITEEE Application Form availability (online & offline) : November 27, 2015 onwards
- Last date for editing submitted online application form : February 29, 2016
- CBT Slot Booking : 3rd week of March, 2016
- Admit card download : 3rd week of March, 2016
- VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2016) : April 6 to 17, 2016
- Entrance exam result : Last week of April, 2016
- Counselling : 2nd & 3rd week of May, 2016
For more information please write down to;
VIT University- Vellore Campus
Vellore- 632 014
Tamil Nadu, India
Fax: 91-416-2243092, 91-416-2240411
VIT University- Chennai Campus
Vandalur – Kelambakkam Road