UPSC: SCRA 2015
Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) on behalf of Indian Railways for four years of apprenticeship. On successfully completing the same, SCRA are absorbed as a Class-1 officer in Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME). This is an examination for selection of Applicants for appointment as Special Class Railway Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways.
Applicants must be between 17 years to 21 years as on 1st August, 2014.
- Senior Secondary (12 years) Examination less than 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as Subjects of the Examination in 1st or 2nd
- Applicants appearing at the Senior Secondary (12 years) examination under 10+2 pattern of School Education/ 1st year of the 3 years degree course or equivalent examination with the recommended subjects; also eligible subject to certain conditions. They will have to require submitting proof of passing by the specified dates published in Commission’s Notice for Examination.
Applicants should be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination, 2015
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can get application form along with an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card and an envelope for sending the application will be available from the selected Head Post Offices throughout the country by paying cash of Rs. 20/-.
Following are the examination centres for SCRA 2015: Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwar, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam
- Date of Notification: 11.10.2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 07.11.2014
- Date of Examination: 18.01.2015
For more details applicants can visit the website: www.upsc.gov.in/