UPSC CDS 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
The following given below is the UPSC CDS 2015 Eligibility Criteria. All the Candidates/Aspirants are requested to adhere by the same:
(a)Nationality Criteria: All Candidates/Aspirants must either be
- (i)A Citizen of India or
- (ii)A subject of Bhutan or
- (iii)A subject of Nepal, or
- (iv)A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention or the motive of Permanently Settling down in India
- (v)A person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention/motive of permanently settling down in India. (provided the Candidate/Aspirant belongs to category II and III)
- (vi)All the Candidates/Aspirants who belong to the Category of (iv) and (v) are required to be such persons who have been issued the Certificate of Eligibility, by the Government of India.
- (vii)The Certificate of Eligibility, will however not be necessary for those Candidates/Aspirants who are belonging to the Gorkha subjects of the Nepal.
- (viii)Also all the Candidates/Aspirants who are belonging to the Category of the Gorkha subjects of Nepal in whose case the Certificate of Eligibility is necessary, will be allowed to be admitted to the Entrance Examination (on the provisional basis) provided the Certificate of Eligibility is given by him/her by the Government of India, before the Declaration of the Result by the UPSC.
(b)Age, Sex and Marital Status Criteria:
- (i)For the Indian Military Academy: All the Candidates should be Unmarried male Candidates, who are not born earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1997 only are eligible
- (ii)For Indian Naval Academy: All the Candidates are required to be Unmarried Male Candidates, who are not born earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1997 only are eligible.
- (iii)For the Air Force Academy: All the Candidates are required to be of the age between 20-24 as on the 1st January 2016, (i.e they should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1996.
Note: the upper age limit for all the Candidates holding the valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by the DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs (i.e. Candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1990 and not later than 1st Januar 1996) only are Eligible.
- (iv)As already mentioned above all the Candidates below the age of 25 are required to be Unmarried.
- (v)For Officers Training Academy: Male Candidates (married or unmarried) who are born not earlier than 2nd January 1991 and not later than 1st January 1997 only are Eligible
- (vi)For the Officer Training Academy: Unmarried Women, Issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.They should be born not earlier than 2nd January 1991 and not later than 1st January 1997 only are eligible.
- (i)For the Indian Military Academy/Officers Training Academy: Degree from a Recognized University or any other equivalent Degree.
- (ii)For the Indian Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering
- (iii)For the Air Force Academy: Degree from any Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at the 10+2 level or the Bachelor of Engineering.
- All the Candidates who opt the first choice as Army/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of the commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB.
- All the Candidates/Aspirants who intend to appear for the CDS exam, can be from any stream but for the entry into the Air Force and the Navy, they are required to have already studies Physics and Mathematics upto 10+2 level.
- All the Candidates/Aspirants who are studying in the final year degree course or program and have yet to pass the final degree examination can also apply but they shall be required to subject their proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army Head Quarter/Rtd CDSE Entry, West Block III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi 110066
- All the Candidates who are appearing at the Degree or any other Equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. All such Candidates/Aspirants will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.
All the Candidates should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to the Combined Defense Services Examination.