Dance is an age old tradition in India. Dance is a very complex art that requires ability, discipline and hard work and is an inseparable from the Indian culture. In India, people are really mad and fond of dance, weather it is weddings or any dance reality show, we all love to flaunt our signature moves.
Today there are many youngsters who want to get into this profession of dance. There are many schools/colleges that have come up with different dance courses. There are various well known dance academies in India that offers courses/ training in various dance forms such as Bharatnatyam, semi classical, western and lot more. Here are some of the top dance academies in India:
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Bangalore: This is one of the most renowned colleges/ institute for dance courses in the city of Bangalore. They provide junior and senior diploma course in Kathak and Bharatnatyam. Website: www.bhavankarnataka.com
- Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai: This institute/college is believed as one of the leading institutions in Mumbai. It offers Master’s degree, Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma and Post Graduation Diploma courses in various classical dance forms such as Kathakali, Bharatanatyam, Kathak and Mohini Attam. Website: www.nalandadanceeducation.com
- Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi: With an aim of popularizing Indian classical dance forms, this dance institute/school is associated to Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal. It provides courses in Indian classical dance forms such as Kuchipudi, Kathak and Bharatanatyam. Website: www.gandharvamahavidyalayanewdelhi.org
- Visva-Bharati, Kolkata: Visva Bharati was started by Rabindranath Tagore and is said to be one of the most reputed institute for Visual Art practice in India. This institute provides under graduated and post graduate degree in Hindustani Classical Vocal, Rabindra Sangit, Pakhawaj, Sitar, Tabla, Esraj Manipuri and Kathakali Dance forms. Website: www.visva-bharati.ac.in
- Gujarat University, Ahmedabad: Gujarat University, School of performing Arts offers courses in Indian dance forms such as Kathak, Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi. Website: www.gujaratuniversity.org.in/
- Terence Lewis Academy, Mumbai: This Academy is started by one of the famous choreographers in India Terence Lewis and offers an intensive training to ones who want to make career in dance by a Dance Pe Lo Chance Course. This academy provides Diploma in Dance for various dance forms like jazz ballet, modern, basic ballet and contemporary, technique. Website: www.terencelewis.com
- Verve Dance Academy, Mumbai: This dance academy provides research and training for Body Awareness, Choreography, Dance Fitness, Technique, performance and Social Dancing skills. It also offers courses for dance forms like Salsa, Cha Cha Cha, Waltz, Swing/Jive, Tango, Ballroom, Samba and Hip hop. Website: vervedancestudio.com/
- Delhi Dance Academy, Delhi: Delhi Dance Academy is one of the most visible dance institutes and is also awarded as The Best Dance Academy in Delhi. This academy offers courses in Aerobics workout, B Boying and breaking, Bollywood dance, belly, Jazz, Contemporary, hip hop and salsa. Website: www.delhidanceacademy.in
Above are some of the best dance academies in India offering courses in various dance forms. If you have passion for dance and are interested in learning different dance forms you can go for it. Hope this list will help you to choose a good dance academy for yourself. If you have any query, do share with us in the comment section.