The Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) is a Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) organised in order to assess candidate’s analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal as well as reading skills in Standard English so as to get enrolled for Graduate Management Program like MBA.
GMAT is considered as an international MBA entrance exam. GMAT is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council. Within India nearly 100 B-Schools accept the GMAT scores.
Eligibility Criteria for GMAT 2014:
As such there is no particular criteria to appear for GMAT exam. But a basic requirement is that the candidate must have attained 18 years of age in order to attempt the GMAT exam.
More & more candidates are willingly applying for GMAT Exam. With every passing year this score is increasing & surpassing even the attempts made by CAT candidates. Gradually candidates are losing interest in CAT & shifting towards GMAT in order to secure their MBA admissions. The only reason for this major change is the fact that GMAT shall provide the candidates the opportunity to apply for global schools as well.
As a result of which, Indian B-Schools/Universities have started accepting the GMAT scores widely. The number of Universities/Colleges accepting GMAT scores are increasing every year.
Let us take a look at the Exam Pattern for GMAT as well as the major sections covered in the GMAT Exam
Exam Pattern for GMAT:
As mentioned above, GMAT is a Computer Adaptive Test, where in the candidates shall receive questions one after the other, & over here the difficulty level & the score of the exam shall depend on the accuracy of the previous attempted answer. For eg; If you answer the first question correctly, the next question will be of higher difficulty level. In case your answer is wrong, you will receive a question of lower difficulty level.
The major sections covered in GMAT exam are:
- Analytical Writing Assessment
- Integrated Reasoning
In order to attract more & more Indian students, many Indian B-Schools are now accepting the GMAT scores for providing admission to MBA Program. Let us have a quick look at the Universities accepting GMAT scores.
Top 20 Indian Universities accepting GMAT scores for MBA admission
- Indian School of Business (Hyderabad) http://www.isb.edu/
- XLRI Jamshedpur http://www.xlri.ac.in/
- IIM– Ahmedabad PGPX http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/
- IIM Calcutta PGPX https://www.iimcal.ac.in/
- IIM Bangalore PGPX http://www.iimb.ernet.in/
- IIM Lucknow PGPX http://www.iiml.ac.in/
- S P Jain Institute of Management and Research http://www.spjimr.org/
- Great lakes Institute of Management http://www.greatlakes.edu.in/
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade ( GMAT for NRIs) http://www.iift.edu/new/
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (For International Students) http://www.tiss.edu/
- NMIMS University, School of Business Management http://www.nmims.edu/
- Alliance Business School http://www.alliance.edu.in/
- ICFAI http://www.icfaiuniversity.in/
- Amity Business School http://www.amity.edu/
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/
- Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management, Shillong http://www.iimshillong.in/
- T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal http://www.tapmi.edu.in/
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore http://www.iimidr.ac.in/iimi/
- Institute for Financial Management and Research, Chennai http://ifmr.ac.in/
- Alliance School of Business, Alliance University, Bangalore http://www.alliance.edu.in/
For more information please log on to http://www.careersamosa.com 🙂