Top 10 Engineering Branches | Best Engineering Branches
Hello students. Here comes March and most of the students get worried about their career. Our minds gets in a state of dilemma about the colleges, stream, branch that we should choose for our bright future. Students start searching Google for :
- Top 5 engineering branches
- Best engineering branches 2014
- Engineering branches in demand
- Most popular engineering branches in India
So in today’s post we will help you to remove one of these several dilemmas in your mind. Today’s article is about the top 10 engineering branches.
But before you read this article we would like to state that this article is for those students who just wants to pursue engineering and don’t have interest in any particular branch. For those who already have some branch in your mind, we highly suggest you to pursue that. If you don’t pursue your interest then you may lose all your interest in engineering and 4 precious years of your life may turn futile.
So here we go with the list of best engineering branches.
List of top engineering branches :
1. IT : Computer Science engineering deals with design, implementation, management of information system of both software and hardware processes. While Information Technology deals with the use of computers and computer software to convert, store, protect process, transmit, and retrieve information. This is really an excellent field to have opportunities both in software companies and higher studies. As computing is extensively applied to almost every walk of life it created massive jobs for Computer Engineering students.
2. Mechanical : Mechanical engineers are required by almost all the industries. So, the job prospects after graduation are excellent and thus this branch is also an ‘evergreen branch’. As the Industrial sector has drastically risen in pace, the need for more mechanical engineers has increased exponentially. Every manufacturing and production industry needs mechanical engineers to carry out jobs efficiently and flawlessly for their companies.
3. Civil : Job prospects after graduation are excellent. There are jobs available in both private sector and government sector. If you are talented enough and have sound management skills, you may also startup your own business venture too. If you are not interested in drawing plans and sketches, then this course is not for you. With a civil engineering degree in hand, you can easily fetch a job in the government sector or in the middle east countries as well.
4. Electrical : You can see the world is full of electrical appliances, so this is one of the evergreen branch. Go for this one if you are the one in your house who is always holding a tester, screw driver and an electric tap, fixing up the appliances.
5. Electronics : Here are equally good opportunities for jobs in electrical engineering industry and higher education. There is lot of multidisciplinary research for developing electric vehicles with great funding and scope all over there world. On the same time good opportunities back home in industry.
6. Automotive : Interested in cars and their engines, Automotive engineering is for you. Those interested in automotives can go for this branch. Good thing about this branch is that you won’t find much competition here.
7. Chemical : Chemical engineering is applied in the manufacture of a wide variety of products such as inorganic and organic industrial chemicals, ceramics, fuels and petrochemicals, fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides, plastics and elastomers, explosives, detergents and detergent products (soap, shampoo, cleaning fluids), fragrances and flavors, additives, dietary supplements and pharmaceuticals. So you see you will never fall short of jobs.
8. Aeronautical : Engineers may work in areas like design, development, maintenance as well as in the managerial and teaching posts in institutes. They find a very good demand in airlines, aircraft manufacturing units, air turbine production plants or design development programs for the aviation industry.
9. Biochemical Engineering : Biochemical engineering is a branch of chemical engineering or biological engineering that mainly deals with the design and construction of unit processes that involve biological organisms or molecules, such as bio reactors. Its applications are used in the food, feed, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and water treatment industries.
10. Agricultural Engineering : India is a land of agriculture and agriculture engineering is one of the most popular engineering branch in India. Agricultural engineering is the engineering discipline that applies engineering science and technology to agricultural production and processing. Agricultural engineering combines the disciplines of animal biology, plant biology, and mechanical, civil, electrical and chemical engineering principles with a knowledge of agricultural principles.
So above was the list of the top 10 engineering branches in India. Do let us know if you wish to know more about engineering branches. You can always leave your feedback and queries in the comments section.