The University of Delhi (DU) is one of the leading universities in India. Founded in 1922, the university boasts of having 86 departments, 16 faculties, 77 affiliated colleges, and 5 specially recognized institutes under it. Right now, there are around 160,000 and 385,000 students in the university who are pursuing various academic courses through regular and distance mode respectively .
- Undergraduate Programs: A common OMR pre-admission form is available on the official website. It can also be obtained from 18 specific affiliated colleges. Applicants need to select their desirable majors, fill up rest of the form, and submit it online or offline along with the requisite fee.
- Postgraduate Programs: Unlike undergraduate programs, different application forms need to be filled for different post graduate programs. Interested candidates can download them from the website or the office of the university.
- Open Learning Programs: Application form is available on the website of ‘Campus of Open Learning’ or can be obtained from the office address “Campus of Open Learning, C-2, Keshav Puram, Delhi – 110035” on payment of Rs. 20/-.
In order to facilitate your admission process, we have identified top 10 colleges of DU (Delhi University) 2104 for Science . DU, country’s most prestigious university, attracts lacks of students across the country for a handful of seats leading to very high cut offs. This data will help you to know, and apply at best DU colleges, a sure shot way to success . So here is list of Top 10 Colleges of DU ( Delhi University ) 2014 for Science :
1. St Stephens College
St. Stephen’s College is a religious foundation drawing inspiration from the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. It aims at helping its members realise spiritual and moral as well as intellectual and aesthetic values.Founded on 1 February 1881, St. Stephen’s is the oldest college in Delhi .
2. Miranda House
Miranda House University College for Women Delhi is one of the premier Women’s Institutions of Delhi University. It was founded in 1948 by the then Vice-Chancellor Sir Maurice Gwyer; its foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7 .
5. Ramjas College
Ramjas College Delhi was founded in 1917 by Rai Kedar Nath a great educationist and philanthropist of India. Now the college comes under the administrative control of University of Delhi (DU) .
6. Sri Venkateswara College
Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi established in 1961 by Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD). Sri Venkateswara College is one of the four pilot centers identified by the UGC and NASSCOM to establish â€Techno-business Skills Development (TSD) centers .
7. Gargi College
Gargi College was established in the year 1967 and is a leading South Campus college of the University of Delhi. It is a college for women and offers education in Arts and Humanities, Commerce, Science and Education .
8. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi and is fully funded by Government of NCT of Delhi. It was established in August 1990 in the memory of late Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya a renowned philosopher thinker and social worker. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is one of the renowned institutions in Delhi.
9. Acharya Narendra Dev College
Acharya Narendra Dev College (ANDC) is a constituent college of the University of Delhi fully funded by the Government of NCT Delhi. Since its inception in 1991 Acharya Narendra Dev College has evolved into an acclaimed coeducational institution providing quality education to a diverse section of Indian as well as foreign students through its undergraduate postgraduate degree and postgraduate diploma programmes in basic sciences applied sciences and commerce.
10. Keshav Mahavidyalaya Delhi
Established in the year 1994 and is wholly funded by Government of NCT Delhi. It started functioning from a school building in Keshavpuram with just two courses to begin with namely B.Com (H) and B.Sc. (Gen) with Computer Science. Gradually course like B.Sc. (H) Electronics B.Sc.(Gen) Mathematical Science PGDCA and B.Sc.(H) Computer Science were added.