Best Colleges for Archaeology
Archaeology is one of the most interesting fields to reduce your curiosity about the past and its secrets. It is the chief means available for getting knowledge about the history of civilizations. With the help of archaeology you can disclose a good store of information regarding the social structure, beliefs, environmental effects and economic organization of past society.
Archaeology is a multi-disciplinary field concerning with education in subjects like Geology, Chemistry, Anthropology, etc. Knowing regarding the past civilisations engages knowing every feature about the architecture of the regions, the lifestyles, cultural persuade, etc. Due to all these aspects archaeology is exceptionally engaging as well as satisfying field and is one of the most tough and competitive divisions of social sciences.
There are many students who are interested in knowing and researching the architectures, beliefs and civilizations. There are many universities/ colleges offering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses in the field of Archaeology. Here are some of the best universities/ colleges offering courses for Archaeology:
- Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad University:It is the finest university in the Gujarat that provides Bachelors degree as well as Ph.D. course in Archaeology. Website: www.msubaroda.ac.in/
- Institute of Archaeology: This is one of the renowned institutes in the country located in Delhi offering PG Diplomas in Archaeology as well as other related subjects. Website: asi.nic.in/
- Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management: DIHRM was founded with the objective of cherishing and protecting the heritage monuments of India. It offers Masters in Archaeology and Heritage Management. Website: www.dihrm.delhigovt.nic.in/
- University of Madras: Established in 1960, Department of Ancient History and Archaeology was with field training in exploration and excavation at the University of Madras. It offers M.A, M.Phil and PhD programs in Archaeology and Ancient History. Website: www.unom.ac.in/
- Tamil University: Tamil University is one of the best universities to study the subject of Archaeology. It offers in a M.A. in Archaeology and History. Website: www.tnuniv.ac.in/
- Banaras Hindu University:, It one of the oldest universities in the country located in Varanasi and provides Masters Course in Arts- AIHGC and Archaeology. Website:www.bhu.ac.in/
- Awadhesh Pratap Singh University: Offering M.A. and Ph.D. course in Archaeology, ancient Indian History and Culture, Awadhesh Pratap Singh University is a leading university in the state of Madhya Pradesh. Website: apsurewa.ac.in/
- Karnataka University: Karnataka University is one of the well known universities of South India that offers MA and PG Diploma in Archaeology, History and Museology. Website: www.kud.ac.in
- Utkal University: Utkal University, Orissa, provides Post graduation, M.Phil and Ph.D. courses in Achaeology,Culture and Ancient Indian history. Website: utkaluniversity.ac.in/
- Ranchi University: Located in Jharkhand, this university provides Master’s degree course in Archaeology and Museology. Website: www.ranchiuniversity.org.in/
Hence, above are some of the top colleges for Archaeology in India for the students interested in knowing the interesting facts about history. Hope this list of colleges for Archaeology will help you find a good college for yourself. If you have any query, do feel free to share with us in the comment section.