Best Advertising Colleges in India
Advertising is one of the branches of Mass communication. Advertising is a part of service industry and is actually brand building with effective communication skills. It helps in creating demand, promoting market system and boosting economic growth.
Advertising is a means of influencing and informing people to buy products or services with the help of oral and visual images. There are different mediums for advertising such as radio, Television, website, magazines, hoardings, newspapers etc.
Many advertising agencies hire people with formal qualification in management and mass communication/ advertising. There are various institutes/ colleges offering courses related to advertising. Here are some of the top colleges for advertising in India:
1) Xavier Institute of Communication: XIC is a self-governing certified media centre which offers a variety of courses in training and production. Website: www.xaviercomm.org/
2) International School of Business and Media (ISB&M): ISB& M was founded with a mission to build an outstanding learning environment that allows students to build up their abilities, ethics and encourage a well-built sense of responsibility. Website: www.isbm.ac.in/
3) Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication: This is leading institute for Media & Communication in the country. It provides post graduate programmes in Mass communication, Media management and Brand communication. Website: simc.edu/
4) Asian College of Journalism: This College of Journalism is designed to provide postgraduate courses to students with superlative journalism education modified according to the specific requirements of India and other developing countries. Website: www.asianmedia.org/
5) Mudra Institute of Communications: Founded in 1991 in Ahmedabad, MICA is one the renowned and top rated institutes in India that provides specialized courses in Advertising Management, Brand Management, Digital Communication Management, Marketing Research and Media Management. Website: www.mica.ac.in/
6) Film and Television Institute of India: Established in 1960 FTII is an independent body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India and have a rich legacy in quality of Indian cinema. Website: www.ftiindia.com/
7) AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research Centre: AJK MCRC is one of the finest institutions in the field of mass communication. It provides quality education and training in advertising and other aspects of mass communication in India. Website: ajkmcrc.org/
8) Manorama School of Communication: Started in 2002, MASCOM has quickly renowned as one of the leading institutes for education and training in the field of journalism in India. Website: www.manoramajschool.com/
9) Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media: IIJNM was started in 2001 in Bangalore and is one of leading post-graduate institutes for journalism and media in South Asia. Website: www.iijnm.org/
10) Times School of Journalism: Times Group is largest media house in India, they Times Centre for Media Studies in 1990 and offers courses in journalism under the trademark of Times School of Journalism. Website: www.timesmediastudies.com/
Above are some of the best advertising colleges in India. Hope this list of advertising colleges will help you find a good college for yourself. If you have any query, share it with us in the comment section.