Anna University was established in the year 1978 which was established as a result to offer education in Engineering, Technology & allied Sciences which are as of now relevant with the current trends of the society. The University promotes research work & the knowledge gained there in. Anna University was formed as a result of integrating well known technical Institutions in Madras.
By now Anna University has become a large & highly affiliated University holding as many as 426 Self-Financing Engineering Colleges, six Government Colleges and three Government Aided Engineering Colleges which are thus located in various parts of Tamil Nadu.
The University conducts admission procedure for various Departments as well as Programmes from time to time every year. One of the ways adopted by Anna University to conduct admission procedure is through Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA 2015).
In our past article on TNEA 2015 we had provided a brief description on the TNEA 2015 entrance exam. Where by we had mentioned about online application form submission for TNEA 2015, beginning of application process etc.. Through this article we shall carry on the discussion on TNEA 2015 Eligibility Criteria
TNEA 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- All those candidates who have passed Std. VIII, IX, X, XI, XII in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply for TNEA 2015 entrance exam.
- Children of Central Government employees may apply as well irrespective of their native place. It must be proved that their parents or guardians (in case both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for past five years at the time of submission of application which must be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- Children of employees in Public Sector or Government recognized Institutions are eligible to apply provided that at the time of submission of application for admission must be employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may apply irrespective of their domicile status. A certificate must be enclosed from the employer along with application stating that the person is a permanent employee of the firm or institution concerned with the evidence like Income tax return, PF slips etc & is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years.
- The Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the Std. VIII, IX, X, XI, XII or their equvivalent examinations from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can apply as well.
- Candidates must have passed Class XII exam with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry together as 50% for General Category , 40% for SC/ ST