The Indian Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has already announced the examination dates for clerical cadre for December 2014. Eligible candidates who are successful enough in clearing the Common Written Exam (CWE) are selected to be placed in various Public Sector Banks. The entrance exam is conducted in the online form.
Exams are scheduled for the month of December 2014 & hence it is high time that candidates start preparing for the same. Basically candidates need to prepare for five major subjects namely Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability, English Language, General Awareness & Computer Knowledge. Total 200 questions shall be asked consisting of 1 mark each i.e. 200 marks in all within a time duration of 120 minutes (2 hours). There is presence of negative marking. For every wrong answer, candidates need to sacrifice 0.25 marks(¼) as penalty. In vague of the IBPS clerk exam 2014, we bring before you the Tips to prepare for Logical Reasoning.
Tips to prepare for Logical Reasoning
It is important that candidates prepare all the sections/subjects equally well in order to score the minimum cut off marks. Reasoning can be termed as one tricky subject amongst all the subjects & that is why it needs a lot more attention as well as concentration. Questions involved in this section are based on analogy, puzzles, word formation, statements & conclusions, assumptions, passage & conclusions, coding-decoding, blood relations, series tests etc..
- Along with that, questions are also asked on direction sense, time logic, sitting arrangements, assertions & reasoning. These kind of questions demand a lot of practice with the help of which one can score really well in this section.
- Candidates are expected to practice more often with the practice sample sets, previous year question papers and the elementary preparation guides.
- Candidates must be successful enough to devise new ways & methods to trace out the answers for different types of questions.
- Trying out different ways to solve a particular problem shall help a candidate to train his/her brain. It shall develop a different strategy for them & help them in solving the problems speedily.
- Try to break the questions in different parts & then find the answer to it so as to avoid the unnecessary hassle & confusion.
- It is really important to understand the concepts well behind solving some questions.
- Time needs to be balanced well while solving the questions. If a candidate feels a particular question is consuming large amount of time, then it is better to leave that question & move ahead with the next question & attempt them instead of this.
- At the end, they can return back to this question to attempt it.
for more such tips figure out your way to http://www.careersamosa.com