Various competitive exams in India are conducted for getting admission into Undergraduate and Post Graduate professional courses as well as for securing services in the government. The test formats and subjects vary according to the level of the test. Majority of the tests are objective tests, followed by a personality test, and are conducted in various venues at centers across the country. Competitive exams are tough, with lakhs of aspirants appearing for a limited number of seats.
Various leading public sector banks conduct a test for entry as Probationary Level Officer/Clerical Cadre. The candidates are tested on the basis of verbal & quantitative skills followed by a Group Discussion & Personal Interview. The Union Public Service Commission conducts numerous exams each year for recruiting candidates in Central Government Services, Combined Medical and Engineering Services, Economic Service and Indian Forest Services.
List of Government Exams are as follows:
- Civil Services Preliminary Examinations
- Civil Services Main Examination
- Engineering Services Examination
- Geologist Examination
- Indian Forest Service Examination
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
- Combined Defence Services Examinations
- Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination
- Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Central Police Forces (Assistant Commandments) Examination
- Section Officers/Stenographers (Grade B/Grade I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination.
Let us present few of the Tips on cracking Government Exams
Tips on cracking Government Exams
- It is necessary that candidates must concentrate really well in Quantitative and Qualitative Aptitudes.
- Students must manage to complete the task within stipulated Management.
- Students should have a strong command over English language which comprises of Synonyms, Antonyms, English Grammar etc..
- Students should follow a specific routine according to their daily activities & once you get accustomed to it cultivate within yourself the sense of time management.
- Pay more attention on adopting short cut methods to solve problem sums, for which candidates must remember all the formulas, square roots, cube roots etc..
Let us know if this piece of information was useful enough to you. You can also contribute to it by posting comments in the comments section given below. Continue following http://www.careersamosa.com