TOEFL test measures your ability to integrate the four English skills you need in an academic setting, making it the most comprehensive academic English test available. To have an international degree in today’s competitive world, adds an extra charm to a candidate’s personality. It not only opens up new horizon but also enhances the person’s employment opportunities.
TOEFL Paper Pattern
TOFEL exam is taken through internet base and paper base. Applicant’s aptitude is judged through this test on the basis of which total score is determined.
Following is the syllabus for TOEFL examination:
Section – Reading
- Time Limit – 60–80 minutes
- Questions – 36–56 questions
- Tasks – Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.
Section – Listening
- Time Limit – 60–90 minutes
- Questions – 34–51 questions
- Tasks – Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions.
Section – Speaking
- Time Limit – 20 minutes
- Questions – 6 tasks
- Tasks – Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.
Section – Writing
- Time Limit – 50 minutes
- Questions – 2 tasks
- Tasks – Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can register Online and the forms can be downloaded from the TOEFL website. TEFL registration is available 3-4 months before the test date. Registering online for the test is the easiest method.
For further details regarding TOEFL examination applicants can visit the website: www.ets.org/toefl