“South Indian Bank” is known as one of the oldest banks in South India, which came into existence during the Swadeshi movement. The South Indian Bank was established with the main motive of providing people with safe, efficient & apt service oriented repository of savings of the community. In a way, the exploitation of people through the greedy money lenders came to an end. The bank used to lend money to people at reasonable interest rates.
The Headquarters of the bank is situated at Thrissur, Kerala. Talking about today, South Indian Bank has nearly 805 branches spread across more than 26 States as well as Union Territories in India. It has set up as many as 1013 ATMs & 3 Bulk Note Acceptor/ Cash Deposit Machines all over India.
From time to time, the bank conducts various examinations for recruitment purpose. This way bank recruits various candidates for different posts as per their requirement.
With due reference to it, South Indian Bank has invited applications for the post of 3 Probationary Clerks for the branches in Sikkim State under Bank’s Kolkata region. Interested candidates can apply through prescribed format & send it to bank before 25th August 2014.
Eligibility Criteria for Probationary Clerks Recruitment:
Candidates applying for South Indian Bank: Recruitment for Probationary Clerks 2014 must have completed Graduation Degree. Candidates belonging to Science stream must secure minimum 55% marks & those belonging to Arts/Other Streams are required to secure minimum 50% marks to apply for the exam. The basic requirement also includes candidate’s proficiency in computer operations.
The candidates who are applying for the post should not be more than 26 years of age as on 31st December, 2013.
Important dates for Probationary Clerks Recruitment:
Last date for application: 25th August, 2014.
How to apply for Probationary Clerks Recruitment:
- Candidates applying for the post of South Indian Bank: Recruitment for Probationary Clerks 2014; must be having permanent address in the State of Sikkim for the past 5 years. (Candidates need to produce documentary proof for the same)
- Candidates must be proficient in the local language apart from other languages like Hindi & English.
- Candidates shall apply on prescribed format (Passport size photograph pasted thereon)
- Educational Qualifications with self-attested mark sheets of the candidates are a must for applying for the exam.
- Candidates are needed to download the application form & send it to bank with all the required documents.
- Candidates must super scribe the envelop containing the application “Application for the Post of Pro Clerks” & send it to;
Dy. General Manager,
The South Indian Bank Ltd,
Regional Office- Kolkata,
Door No.20 A,
Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street),
1st Floor, Flat No.1,
The application must reach on or before 25th August, 2014.
Candidates are required to pay Rs.250/- for General candidates & Rs.50/- for SC/ST candidates through Demand Draft in favour of South Indian Bank Payable at Kolkata.
Candidates are selected on the basis of written test & interview.
For further details log in to the official website of the bank http://www.southindianbank.com/
Let us know your feedback on the same.