The Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam popularly known as SCRA 2015 is conducted so as to appoint Special Class Railway Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways. The online application procedure for this exam has already closed down on 7th November 2014. The examination shall be held on 18th of January 2015 at different centers of India.
UPSC conducts examination for selection of candidates for appointment as special class Railway Apprentices in Mechanical department of Indian Railways.
The Examinations consists of subjects like:
- English Language
- General knowledge
- Psychological Test (Mental ability)
(P.S: Please note that the question paper will be set in English language only. )
SCRA 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be either :
- A citizen of India
- A candidate of Nepal, or
- A candidate of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before first January. 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- A Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East Africa countries or Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Provided that a Candidate belonging to categories (2),(3),(4) and (5) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India.
- Age limit :
A candidate must have attained the age of 17 years but should not have attained the age of 21 years as on 1st of January 2015. i.e he/she should have been born not before 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 1998.
(The upper age limit is relaxable in certain categories.)
- Education Qualifications :
- Must have passed the Intermediate or equivalent Examination of University or Board approved by the Government of India with first or second division. The candidate must have studied subject Mathematics and atleast one of the subjects of Physics and Chemistry or,
- Must have passed the Higher secondary (10+2) examination from school with Mathematics and atleast one of Physics and Chemistry as a subject of examination or,
- Must have passed the first/second year Examination under the three year degree course with first or second division with Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry as a subject can apply. Candidates who have passed the first year examination of three year diploma course can apply or,
- Must have passed in the first or second division of the Pre-Engineering Examination of a University, approved by the Government of India ; or,
- Must have passed in the first/second division of the pre-professional/ pre-technology examination of any Indian Universities or recognized board, with Mathematics and atleast Physics or Chemistry as a subjects of examination conducted one year after the Higher Secondary or;
- Must have passed the first year examination under the five year engineering degree Course of the University with first/second division or;
- Must have passed in the first or second division of the Pre-degree Examination of the Universities of Kerala and Calicut with Mathematics and atleast Physics and Chemistry as a subject of the Examination.
- Physical Standards :Candidate must be Physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Special Class Railway Apprentices examination.
The selected candidates are called for an interview where they will undergo a medical examination. Finally selected candidates will undergo a 4 year meticulous training programme in Mechanical Engineering for which the institute is having an understanding with BIT, Mesra and Ranchi.
After the completion of four years of training the candidates will be awarded Bachelor of Engineering degree in mechanical Engineering. This degree is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education.
After completion of the four year degree the candidates join as Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineers (IRSME) Officers in Indian Railway.
For more details on SCRA 2015 you can click here
For more updates keep visiting our website www.careersamosa.com