State Bank of India considered as the Supreme Bank of India. Initially known as the Imperial Bank of India, State Bank of India (SBI) came into existence with its very own name on 1st July 1955. State Bank of India is a Multinational Bank. It is a government owned Corporation with its Headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra.In 1959, the government passed the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, which made eight state banks associates of SBI.
SBI has as many as 14,816 branches in India, amongst which 66% branches were in Rural & Semi-Urban Areas. Apart from just India, SBI is spread over 34 countries with 180 overseas offices. SBI efficiently operates several foreign subsidiaries or affiliates. It has been so announced that SBI PO exam 2015-16 is announced recently whose registration shall be open to all the candidates from today i.e 13th April 2015. Through this article we shall bring for you details on the upcoming SBI PO exam 2015-16.
SBI PO exam 2015-16
Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens for the post of Probationary Officer in State Bank of India. Let us have a look at the SBI PO exam 2015 Eligibility.
SBI PO exam 2015 Eligibility
- Candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognized College/ University.
- Students in final year of Graduation are also allowed to apply provided that they are able to produce of passing Graduation before 1.09.2015.
- The sbi po exam 2015 age limit is between the age group of 21 years & 30 years as on 1.04.2015
- Reservations for SC/ST/OBC/Ex-servicemen etc are as per the rules of Government of India.
SBI PO exam 2015 vacancies
- Total number of vacancies allotted for SBI PO exam 2015 are 2000.
- The segregation of vacancies is as follows:
SC- 308 vacancies
ST- 339 vacancies
OBC- 541 vacancies