State Bank of India considered as the Supreme Bank of India. Initially known as the Imperial Bank of India, State Bank of India (SBI) came into existence with its very own name on 1st July 1955. State Bank of India is a Multinational Bank. It is a government owned Corporation with its Headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra.In 1959, the government passed the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, which made eight state banks associates of SBI.
SBI has as many as 14,816 branches in India, amongst which 66% branches were in Rural & Semi-Urban Areas. Apart from just India, SBI is spread over 34 countries with 180 overseas offices. SBI efficiently operates several foreign subsidiaries or affiliates.
SBI has got five associate banks. They can be stated as below:
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
SBI Associate Bank Clerical Exam 2014
State Bank Of India conducts recruitment drive from time to time to fulfill the vacancies for Assistant Clerical Post ,Probationary Officers Post , Special Management Executives as well as Specialist Cadre Officers. Keeping that in mind, SBI has now announced recruitment of Clerical Cadre in Associate Banks of SBI.
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Associate Bank Clerical Exam 2014
- Candidates willing to apply for SBI Associate Bank Clerical Exam 2014 as on 1.12.2014 must be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University. (Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree please ensure that the Date of Passing the IDD is on or before 1.12.2014)
- Candidates please note that, they should be able to read & speak in English fluently. along with that, knowledge of local language can prove to be as an added advantage.
- Candidates willing to apply for the post of Clerical Cadre shall belong to age group of 20-28 years.(i.e. born between 1.12.1986 to 1.12.1994
- Age Relaxation can be provided as below:
SC/ST: 5 years
OBC: 3 years
PWD(Gen): 10 years
PWD(SC/ST): 15 years
PWD(OBC): 13 years
Persons domiciled in Kashmir: 5 years
Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen: Actual period of service+3 years
Widows/Divorcee/Separated from husband & not remarried: 9 years
- Candidates please note that, those who are seeking relaxation, are required to submit necessary copies of certificates at the time of interview.
Important dates for SBI Clerical exam in Associate Banks
- Online Registration of application: 20/11/2014 to 9/12/2014
- Payment of fees Online Mode : 20/11/2014 to 9/12/2014
- Payment of Fees Offline Mode : 22/11/2014 to 11/12/2014