Sainik School Purulia has opened its admissions for the academic year 2015-16. Interested & eligible candidates can willingly apply for the post. The All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015 is going to be conducted in various cities across India.The Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015 is going to held on 4th January 2015 (Sunday)
Sainik School Purulia 2015 Eligibility Criteria
Sainik School Admissions are meant for boys in Class VI & Class IX Standard. Let us have a look at their eligibility criteria individually.
For VI Standard:
Boys belonging to age group of 10-11 years as on 1st July 2015 (i.e Born between 2nd July 2004 & 1st July 2005) are eligible to apply for Sainik School. students studying in Class V are eligible to apply for Class VI.
For IX Standard
Boys belonging to age group of 13-14 years as on 1st July 2015 (i.e. Born between 2nd July 2001 & 1st July 2002) who are studying Standard VIII in a recognized School are eligible to apply for the Sainik School.
Sainik School Purulia 2015 Seat Availability
- The number of seats available for Class VI is 67.
- Where as the number of seats available for Class IX are 5.
- 67% of the seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to West Bengal.
- 15% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribe, 25% of seats for Defence/Ex-Defence
- 33% of the seats are reserved for Other States.
Sainik School Purulia 2015 Application form
- Candidates please note that the application forms for admissions to Class VI & IX in Sainik School Purulia shall be available from 15th October 2014
- The application forms shall be available till 29th Novemeber 2014.
- Candidates please note that last date to receive the filled applications is 6th December 2014.
- Candidates can procure the application form through the school authorities in Purulia.
Sainik School 2015 Exam Pattern
It is really important for candidates to get to know about the exam pattern well in advance so as to score the maximum.
- The medium of examination for Class VI shall be in English or the regional language.
- But, the Question Paper for Class IX shall be in English language only.
For Class VI
Question Paper shall be of maximum 300 marks with a time duration of 2 hours & 40 minutes. The subjects being the Mathematical Knowledge Test, Language Ability Test & the Intelligence Test. For the former two subjects, 2 hours shall be allotted where as for the last section, 40 minutes shall be allotted.
Mathematical Knowledge Test – 100 marks
Language Ability Test – 100 marks
Intelligence Test – 100 marks
For Class IX
Question Paper shall be of maximum 450 marks with a time duration of 4 hours & 30 minutes. The subjects included are Mathematics & Science as well as English & Social Studies. Maximum marks allotted to Mathematics are 200 & that for Science are 75 with a total time duration of 2 hours & 30 minutes for this section.Where as for English maximum marks allotted are 100 & that of Social Studies are 75 with a time duration of 2 hours at the most.
Mathematics- 100 marks
Social Studies- 75 marks
The Examination Centers in West Bengal are Sainik School Purulia, Kolkatta, Burdwan, Siliguri as well as Port Blair in Andaman & Nicobar Island. For more details please contact;
Sainik School Purulia,
PO: Sainik school,
District: Purulia, West Bengal-723104
Telephone no: 03252-202004
Please continue reading http://www.careersamosa.com for more updates on Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015