Sainik School Nalanda has opened its admissions for the academic year 2015-16. Interested & eligible candidates can willingly apply for the post. The All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015 is going to be conducted in various cities across India.The Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015 is going to be tentatively held on 4th January 2015 (Sunday) Candidates please note that the official announcement of the date of the entrance exam shall be announced at a later stage by the authorities.
Sainik School Nalanda 2015 Eligibility Criteria
Sainik School Admissions are meant for boys in Class VI & Class IX Standard. Let us have a look at their eligibility criteria individually.
For VI Standard:
Boys belonging to age group of 10-11 years as on 1st July 2015 (i.e Born between 2nd July 2004 & 1st July 2005) are eligible to apply for Sainik School. students studying in Class V are eligible to apply for Class VI.
For IX Standard
Boys belonging to age group of 13-14 years as on 1st July 2015 (i.e. Born between 2nd July 2001 & 1st July 2002) who are studying Standard VIII in a recognized School are eligible to apply for the Sainik School.
Sainik School Nalanda 2015 Application form
- Candidates please note that the application forms for admissions to Class VI & IX in Sainik School Nalanda shall be available from 15th October 2014
- The application forms shall be available till 29th Novemeber 2014.
- Candidates please note that last date to receive the filled applications is 6th December 2014.
- In order to obtain the Prospectus cum application form, candidates need to pay Rs.400/- (for General/Defence) or Rs.250/- (for SC/ST Category)
- Candidates need to send the required application fees as well as the relevant documents needed through Demand Draft which shall be submitted to “The Principal, Sainik School Nalanda”
- The Demand Draft should be payable at State Bank of India, Rajgir Branch (Code no. 3499) or Central Bank of India, Rajgir (Note: not applicable for all those applications which are purchased in hand or by post from Sainik School Nalanda)
Sainik School 2015 Exam Pattern
It is really important for candidates to get to know about the exam pattern well in advance so as to score the maximum.
- The medium of examination for Class VI shall be in English or the regional language.
- But, the Question Paper for Class IX shall be in English language only.
For Class VI
Question Paper shall be of maximum 300 marks with a time duration of 2 hours & 40 minutes. The subjects being the Mathematical Knowledge Test, Language Ability Test & the Intelligence Test. For the former two subjects, 2 hours shall be allotted where as for the last section, 40 minutes shall be allotted.
Mathematical Knowledge Test – 100 marks
Language Ability Test – 100 marks
Intelligence Test – 100 marks
For Class IX
Question Paper shall be of maximum 450 marks with a time duration of 4 hours & 30 minutes. The subjects included are Mathematics & Science as well as English & Social Studies. Maximum marks allotted to Mathematics are 200 & that for Science are 75 with a total time duration of 2 hours & 30 minutes for this section.Where as for English maximum marks allotted are 100 & that of Social Studies are 75 with a time duration of 2 hours at the most.
Mathematics- 100 marks
Social Studies- 75 marks
Government of Bihar has offered to provide scholarships to students appearing for Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015. Based on the income of the parent, scholarship shall be provided. Scholarship amount starting from Rs.8750/- to Rs.35000/- Along with that, Government of Bihar also provides grant of Rs.12685/- as dietary supplement every year to Bihar domiciled boys.
For more information please contact;
Sainik School Nalanda,
PO Rajgir, Nalanda,
For more updates on Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015 please contact us at http://www.careersamosa.com