Sainik School Nagrota Exam 2017
Sainik Schools have set up an all together different system for themselves by developing schools in India which are established as well as managed by the Sainik Schools Society. They aim to prepare & train students for entry into the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla, Pune and Indian Naval Academy. By now there are as many as 24 Schools covering all the States of the country.
The Sainik School admissions are open for boys in Sixth & Ninth Standard. Candidates are provided admission on the basis of their performance in Written Exam & the merit prepared there in. The written examination is followed by interview & medical Examination. The All India Sainik School Entrance Exam is usually conducted on the First Sunday of January every year at various centers.
Candidates please note that all the Sainik Schools are affiliates to CBSE, New Delhi. The Sainik School Admission is conducted in the 18 Sainik Schools which are located as follows:
- Kanjpura (Haryana)
- Kapurthala (Punjab)
- Chittorgarh (Rajasthan)
- Satara (Maharashtra)
- Balachadi (Gujarat)
- Korukonda (Andhra Pradesh)
- Bhubaneshwar (Orissa)
- Purulia (West Bengal)
- Kazhakootam (Kerala)
- Amravatinagar (Tamil Nadu)
- Rewa (Madhya Pradesh)
- Bijapur (Karnataka)
- Tilaiya (Bihar)
- Gopalpara (Assam)
- Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Nagrota-on Tawi (Jammu & Kashmir)
- Imphal (Manipur)
- Sujanpur Tira (Himachal Pradesh)
Let us take up with Sainik School Nagrota Entrance Exam 2017. As mentioned above, Sainik School Nagrota Exam 2017 has invited applications from the interested & eligible candidates for Class VI & Class IX Standard. Candidates shall be selected on the basis of All India Sainik School Entrance exam for academic year 2017.
Sainik School Nagrota Exam 2017
Sainik School Admissions are meant for boys in Class VI & Class IX Standard. Let us have a look at their eligibility criteria individually.
For VI Standard:
Boys belonging to age group of 10-12 years as on 1st July 2017 (i.e Born between 2nd July 2006 & 1st July 2007) are eligible to apply for Sainik School. Approx. 60 seats for Class VI have been reserved.
For IX Standard:
Boys belonging to age group of 13-14 years as on 1st July 2017 (i.e. Born between 2nd July 2003 & 1st July 2004) who are studying Standard VIII in a recognized School are eligible to apply for the Sainik School. Approx. 10 seats for Class IX are reserved.
Sainik School Nagrota Exam 2017 Application Form
- Candidates please note that the application forms for admissions to Class VI & IX in Sainik School Nagrota shall be available from 12th October 2016.
- The Application forms shall be sold out in schools till 18th November 2016.
- Candidates need to pay Rs.450/-(General/Defence Category) for online or at counter or Rs.500/- by post. Where as it is Rs.300/- (SC/ST Category) for online & at counter or Rs.350/- through post for the Prospectus & application form.
- Candidates can remit the application fee amount through Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Principal, Sainik School Nagrota” payable at State Bank of India Nagrota
- Candidates can avail the application form through the School Website Address http://sainikschoolnagrota.com/
- Candidates please note that last date to receive the filled applications is 30th November 2016.
Sainik School 2017 Exam Pattern
It is really important for candidates to get to know about the exam pattern well in advance so as to score the maximum.
The medium of examination for Class VI shall be in English or the regional language.
But, the Question Paper for Class IX shall be in English language only.
For Class VI
Question Paper shall be of maximum 300 marks with a time duration of 2 hours & 40 minutes. The subjects being the Mathematical Knowledge Test, Language Ability Test & the Intelligence Test. For the former two subjects, 2 hours shall be allotted whereas for the last section, 40 minutes shall be allotted.
Mathematical Knowledge Test – 100 marks
Language Ability Test – 100 marks
Intelligence Test – 100 marks
For Class IX
Question Paper shall be of maximum 450 marks with a time duration of 4 hours & 30 minutes. The subjects included are Mathematics & Science as well as English & Social Studies. Maximum marks allotted to Mathematics are 200 & that for Science are 75 with a total time duration of 2 hours & 30 minutes for this section.Where as for English maximum marks allotted are 100 & that of Social Studies are 75 with a time duration of 2 hours at the most.
Mathematics- 100 marks
Social Studies- 75 marks
Sainik School Nagrota Entrance Exam Centers 2017
Sainik School Nagrota,
Jammu & Kashmir