The All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015 has been officially announced sometime back. The entrance exam is being conducted in various cities across India. Interested candidates can very well apply in order to get admission in Class VI & IX Standard. The Sainik School Kapurthala Exam 2015 has been announced on 4th January 2015 (Sunday).
Sainik School Kapurthala 2015 Eligibility Criteria
Sainik School Admissions are meant for boys in Class VI & Class IX Standard. Let us have a look at their eligibility criteria individually.
For VI Standard:
Boys belonging to age group of 10-11 years as on 1st July 2015 (i.e Born between 2nd July 2004 & 1st July 2005) are eligible to apply for Sainik School. students studying in Class V are eligible to apply for Class VI.
For IX Standard
Boys belonging to age group of 13-14 years as on 1st July 2015 (i.e. Born between 2nd July 2001 & 1st July 2002) who are studying Standard VIII in a recognized School are eligible to apply for the Sainik School.
Sainik School Kapurthala 2015 Seat Availability
Sainik School Kapurthala has decided upon some particular no.of availability of seats. Here we present below the tentative seats availability. Final declaration shall be made at a later stage.
- Class VI – 100
- Class IX – 30
- 67% of seats have been reserved for the residents of Punjab Domicile.
- 33% are reserved for candidates belonging to other States.
- 25% for Defence/Ex-Defence Personnel.
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste
- 7.5% are reserved for Scheduled Tribe. The balance seats being for General Category.
Sainik School Kapurthala 2015 Application form
- Candidates please note that the application forms for admissions to Class VI & IX in Sainik School Kapurthala shall be available from 15th October 2014.
- Candidates please note that last date to receive the filled applications is 1st December 2014
- Candidates can procure the prospectus cum application form by paying Rs.480/- by post (General/Defence) but it is Rs.400/- at the counter (General/Defence)
- Where as it is Rs.330/- by post (for SC/ST) but it is Rs.250/- at the counter (General/Defence)
- Candidates need to send Demand Draft by registered Post in favor of “Principal, Sainik School” payable at Kapurthala along with the application form
Sainik School 2015 Exam Pattern
It is really important for candidates to get to know about the exam pattern well in advance so as to score the maximum.
- The medium of examination for Class VI shall be in English or the regional language.
- But, the Question Paper for Class IX shall be in English language only.
For Class VI
Question Paper shall be of maximum 300 marks with a time duration of 2 hours & 40 minutes. The subjects being the Mathematical Knowledge Test, Language Ability Test & the Intelligence Test. For the former two subjects, 2 hours shall be allotted where as for the last section, 40 minutes shall be allotted.
Mathematical Knowledge Test – 100 marks
Language Ability Test – 100 marks
Intelligence Test – 100 marks
For Class IX
Question Paper shall be of maximum 450 marks with a time duration of 4 hours & 30 minutes. The subjects included are Mathematics & Science as well as English & Social Studies. Maximum marks allotted to Mathematics are 200 & that for Science are 75 with a total time duration of 2 hours & 30 minutes for this section.Where as for English maximum marks allotted are 100 & that of Social Studies are 75 with a time duration of 2 hours at the most.
Mathematics- 100 marks
Social Studies- 75 marks
The Examination Centers in Punjab for Sainik School are Kapurthala, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Faridkot, Patiala. The admission fees for the Sainik School entrance exam 2015 is Rs.80237/- (per annum) for General/Defence Category & it is Rs.78737/- for SC/ST category. Subsidy is provided by the Ministry of Defence upto Rs.15000/- (per annum) for all the cadets.
For complete details please visit;
Sainik School Kapurthala,
Telephone No: 01822-232532
Hope the above information seems to be useful to you. Please leave a feedback on http://www.careersamosa.com in case of any doubt/query.