Sainik School Entrance Exam proves to be a medium in order to enable candidates to take admission in various Sainik Schools spread all over India. The Sainik School entrance Exam is being conducted by the Sainik Schools Society in order to provide admissions to two different classes namely, Class VI & Class IX. The Sainik Schools are affiliated to the CBSE Board, Delhi. The main aim of Sainik School is to enable candidates in order to perform well & prepare them to get into National Defence Academy (NDA).
If a candidate performs well in the written exam, he is further listed out to appear for interview round. We had already discussed syllabus for Class VI in our previous article on Sainik School Exam 2015: Class VI Syllabus .Let us take a look at the syllabus for Class IX for Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015.
Syallbus For Class IX
Question Paper shall be of maximum 450 marks with a time duration of 4 hours & 30 minutes. The subjects included are Mathematics & Science as well as English & Social Studies. Maximum marks allotted to Mathematics are 200 & that for Science are 75 with a total time duration of 2 hours & 30 minutes for this section.Where as for English maximum marks allotted are 100 & that of Social Studies are 75 with a time duration of 2 hours at the most.
Mathematics- 100 marks
Social Studies- 75 marks
The topics can be short listed as below for the various subjects all together. Candidates are requested to have a look at the same.
- Squares and square roots ,decimals and fractions by division method.
- Cubes and Cube roots ,negative numbers and fractions by prime factorization method.
- Rational exponents and radicals including negative powers.
- Profit, loss and discount with percentages
- Compound Interest
- Algebraic identities
- Factorization of algebraic expressions such as linear, quadratic, cubic etc.
- Division of Polynomials.
- Linear equations in one variable
- Parallel lines, equal intercepts property, proportional intercepts property, dividing a line segment into given number of equal parts or in the given ratio.
- Quadrilaterals, special types of quadrilaterals and their properties, construction of quadrilaterals
- Circles, perpendicular from centre to chord, equal chords and angles subtended, relation between the angle subtended by an arc at the centre and at the remaining part of the circle, cyclic quadrilateral.
- Perimeter and areas of triangle, all types of quadrilaterals, circle, sector, segment of a circle etc.
- Surface areas and volumes of cube, cuboid, cylinder, cone, sphere and hemisphere.
- The Universe
- Transformation of Substances
- Structure of atom
- Metals and non-metals
- Cell Structure and Functions
- Micro organisms
- Refraction of Light
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Sources of Energy
- Common Diseases
- Food Production and Management
- Letter Writing
- Guided Writing
- Essay Writing
- Vocabulary and Usage
- Direct / Indirect Speech
- Types of sentences
- Question Tags
- Future time reference.
- Re arranging words to make meaningful sentences.
- Use of grammatical structures.
- One word substitutes.
- Modern Indian History & World History
- Persons in History of India
- Places of Importance in Indian History
- Wars and Battles in Indian History
- Dates and Events in Indian History
- Events of Indian National Movement
- Revolutions in the World (17 to 19 Century AD)
- Industrial Revolution
- Revolt of 1857
- Heritage sites of India & World
- Indian Constitution
- About United Nations
- Globalization, Human Rights, Rights of the Child
- Physical Geography
- India’s Geography
- World Geography
Let us know how can we be more helpful to you with your preparation for Sainik School Entrance Exam 2015. All the Best!! 🙂