RPET stands for Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test, this is an Engineering Entrance Examination, which is conducted by the State of Rajasthan, for offering admission to various degree level engineering programs, within the state of Rajasthan.
However, there are exceptions, there are some colleges (BITS Pilani, MNIT Jaipur) that are having their own entrance examinations and do not select candidates on the basis of the RPET
Brief facts about the Exam:
Exam Type & Category: State level & UG Level
Name of the Conducting Institute: Board of Technical Education, State of Rajasthan
Eligibility Criteria for RPET 2015:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 exam from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/OBC)
- Candidates must have studied the compulsory subjects- Physics and Mathematics s along with one of the optional subjects- Chemistry, Bio-technology, Biology or Computer Science.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be born after October 01, 1989. SC/ST/OBC candidates should be born after October 01, 1984.
- Candidates must be of Rajasthan domicile as per regulations
RPET 2015 Pattern of Paper:
- RPET 2014 Question Paper will be in objective in nature.
- There will be 120 questions with 40 questions each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Each question carries one mark.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Question Papers will be available in Hindi and English.
You could also visit the below mentioned link to know more about the examination instructions for all candidates. http://techedu.rajasthan.gov.in/RPET/pdf/examination%20pattern_2014.pdf
Syllabus for RPET 2015:
- Measurement and Units
- Dynamics of a Particle
- Dynamics of a system of particles
- Simple harmonic motion
- Intermolecular forces
- Kinetic theory of gases
- First law of thermodynamics
- Wave motion
- Nature of light
- Electric circuits
- Magnetic field
- Alternating current circuits
- Modern physics
- Development of Classical Model of an Atom
- The periodic law
- The theory of chemical bonding
- Chemical equilibrium and ionic equillibria
- Chemical kinetics
- Acids and bases
- s-block elements
- d-block elements
- Coordinate geometry
Sample question Papers of Previous year 2014:
Please visit this link to get an idea about the questions that are asked in the Previous year RPET 2014 Exam.
RPET 2015 Application:
- The RPET 2015 Application is in online mode.
- Candidates must upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature
- Candidates must fill up the form, and take a print out.
Candidates must send the copy of the RPET 2014 application form along with the requisite supporting documents to the address mentioned below:
The Coordinator – RPET
Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan,
W-6 Residency Road
RPET Application Fees:
800 + 15 /- for e-Mitra services
RPET 2014 Exam Centres:
Ajmer, Alwar, Banswara, Barmer, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Churu, Hindaun City, Jaipur, Jhalawar, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Kota, Pilani, Sikar, Sirohi, Sri Ganganagar, Sawai Madhopur, Tonk and Udaipur
RPET Participating List of Colleges:
Please visit http://techedu.rajasthan.gov.in/RPET/pdf/participating%20colleges_2014.pdf to know the complete list of participating colleges, for the RPET Entrance Exam.
RPET 2015 Counselling:
RPET 2014 qualified candidates will have to pay 10,000/- at any e-Mitra or CSC Kiosk along with service charges of Rs 25.
Candidates have to use the 16 digit token mentioned in the computerised receipt after payment to log in and enter their choices of courses and preferences.
After seat allotment, candidates have to submit the documents at the allotted college after paying the balance fees.
The above article is written on Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test, for further in depth detail and information please visit http://techedu.rajasthan.gov.in/RPET/RPET.htm
You could also visit www.careersamosa.com for further information on all engineering examination that are conducted in India. Please write back to us about your views and opinions, any suggestions or queries would be appreciated.