The U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University(RTOU), Allahabad was established under an Act passed by U.P. Legislature & approved by the Governor of U.P. on March 24, 1999.
The University was formulated with the basic aim of providing access to higher education for large segments of population & specially people with less advantage such as people living in remote areas & other rural areas including the working class people, homemakers as well as other adults who are in a bid to acquire knowledge through the medium of study.
In context of that, the University has invited applications for admission to MBA/MCA programs through entrance test.
Eligibility criteria for MBA/MCA admissions 2014:
Candidates who have already appeared for entrance test in similar programs (MBA/MCA) conducted by IGNOU/AIMA/IIMs/UPTU etc. within a year are not required to appear in MBA/MCA entrance conducted by UPRTOU Allahabad, provided that they have secured 40% marks in such examination.
Eligibility for MBA programme:
- Candidates must be graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks for General Category & 45% marks for SC/ST candidates.
- Bachelor degree with 3 years of supervisory/managerial/professional/working experience.
- Clearance of MAT-RTOU exam conducted by U.P. Rajarshi Tandon Open University with 40% marks in MAT-RTOU .
- For candidates who have cleared the entrance test conducted by IGNOU/CAT/MAT/UPMCAT need not appear for MAT-RTOU & their scores shall be valid up to one year in order to take admission for MBA .
- Candidates need to deposit admission fees of Rs.300/- along with application form to be downloaded from University’s website.
Eligibility for MCA programme:
- Three years bachelors degree in any discipline with maths at 10+2 or a 6 months computer course.
- The candidates who have passed PGDCA from UPRTOU Allahabad, can apply for the admission provided they qualify entrance test for the same according to the instructions given in the brochure on University website.
- the fees of the MBA-MCA application form fees is Rs.500/- which is to be deposited through bank draft from any nationalized bank in favor of The Finance Officer UPRTOU payable at Allahabad & shall be enclosed with MBA-MCA entrance test 2014 application form.
After qualifying for the MBA-MCA entrance test 2014, candidates are required to fill an admission form available at respective centers in order to take admission. For MBA programme, candidates need to deposit Rs. 15000/- & for MCA programme, candidates must deposit Rs. 13700/- through a demand draft in favor of Finance Officer , UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University , payable at Allahabad for the first year & later on every year as per program duration.
The application form should be sent through registered mail/Speed Post to:
The Controller of Examination,
UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University,
Important dates for MBA/MCA entrance exam 2014:
- Last date for submission of MBA-MCA entrance test form: 20th August 2014
- Date of entrance exam for MBA-MCA: 26th August 2014
- Declaration of result on website: 30th august 2014
- Last date for admission : 15th September 2014
Exam Centers for MBA/MCA at RTOU:
For more details please visit the university website http://www.uprtou.ac.in
Interested candidates are requested to hurry up with the completion of application form submission. Please feel free to share your views & comments on the same.