PTU CET is a Combined Entrance Test being held by the Punjab Technical University for enrolling students to Engineering, Architecture & Pharmacy courses. It has many Colleges affiliated to it such as,
Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Punjab University, Patiala
- B.Pharmacy Colleges affiliated to PTU Jalandhar
We have already mentioned about the Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates along with How to apply for PTU CET 2015 in our previous article on PTU CET 2015-Eligibility ,Important Dates
Let us further carry out the discussion & shift the focus rather on topics such as PTU CET 2015 Exam Pattern & PTU CET 2015 Syllabus.
PTU CET 2015 Exam Pattern
As mentioned above Punjab Technical University conducts a Combined Entrance test for candidates so as to provide them admissions in various Engineering, Architecture & Pharmacy courses.
- The Common Entrance Test shall be a Written Test divided in three parts. These parts are Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science.
- Every part shall consist of 40 Multiple Choice Questions, where in candidates are supposed to pick up one correct answer.
- After selecting the answer, candidates are required to mark it on the answer sheet (OMR) using a dark black ball pen/gel pen.
- Candidates please note that the medium of examination shall be in English only.
- There is absence of negative marking in the Common Entrance Test.
The Punjab Technical University provides courses for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch).
PTU CET 2015 Syllabus
Before starting the preparation of examination, it is really important to get to know the syllabus of it only then can one succeed in it. Let us have a look at the Syllabus for PTU CET 2015 in detail.
1. Sets, Relations & Functions
2. Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations
3. Matrices & Determinants
4. Permutations & Combinations
5. Mathematical Induction
6. Binomial Theorem & Its Simple Applications
7. Sequences & Series
8. Limit, Continuity AND Differentialbility
9. Integral Calculus
11. Co-Ordinate Geometry
12. Three Dimensional Geometry
13. Vector Algebra
14. Statistics & Probability
16. Mathematical Reasoning
1. Physics & Measurement
3. Laws Of Motion
4. Work, Energy & Power
5. Rotational Motion
7. Properties Of Solids & Liquids
9. Kinetic Theory Of Gases
10. Oscillation & Waves
12. Current Electricity
13. Magnetic Effects Of Current & Magnetism
14. Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents
15. Electromagnetic Waves
17. Dual Nature Of Matter & Radiation
18. Atoms& Nuclei
19. Electronic Devices
20. Communication Systems
1. Some Basic concepts In Chemistry
2. States of Matter
3. Atomic Structure
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. Chemical Thermodynamics
8. Redox Reactions & Electrochemistry
9. Chemical Kinetics
10. Surface Chemistry
11. Classification Of Elements & Periodicity In Properties
12. General Principles & Processes Of Isolation Of Metals
14. Block Elements (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
15. P – BLOCK ELEMENTS: Group – 13 to Group 18 Elements
16. D – and F – BLOCK ELEMENTS
17. Co-Ordination Compounds
18. Environmental Chemistry
19. Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
20. Some Basic Principles Of Organic Chemistry
22. Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
23. Organic compounds containing Oxygen
24. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
26. Bio Molecules
27. Chemistry in everyday life
For more interesting & related updates please log on to http://www.careersamosa.com