With only few days left for the Combined Defence Service examination being conducted by the Union Public Service Commission Exam it is mandatory that candidates give their best in preparation of the entrance examination so as to score better marks. It is a clear fact that on clearing the CDS examination, one can easily get in to Indian Army, Air Force Academy or Naval Academy.
The eligibility criteria in terms of age limit is different for each wing. Candidates are please required to checkout the same. It must be known to candidates that the written examination is followed by up by a Personal Interview and a Medical Examiantion. With the presence of negative marking in the UPSC CDS examination, now the question that arises is How to prepare for CDS exam?
As mentioned earlier also, objective based multiple choice questions shall be asked to all the aspiring candidates. Over all the question paper shall be of 300 marks. Three main sections are being considered for the UPSC CDS examination namely English, Elementary Mathematics & General Knowledge. Each paper shall be of 100 marks. The duration of the paper shall be of 2 hours. Let us now understand few tips & tricks to be followed to prepare for CDS exam!!
How to prepare for CDS exam?
Let us proceed subject wise for better understanding of the UPSC CDS entrance examination 2015.
- When it comes to English, one must develop the habit of reading newspaper, which can help the candidate in both ways: by improving their vocabulary as well as updating their knowledge on the subject.
- Keep in touch with the basic grammar books so as to clear the concepts really well.
- Try to learn new words on daily basis to get a good hold over the language.
- Along with the new words, make an attempt to learn their antonyms as well as synonyms.
- Solving past year’s papers can help you a lot. One can easily get an idea so as to what can be expected from the question paper.
- The best source to acquire General Knowledge is to read newspapers & watch television for the latest happenings that are taking place in & around the world.
- Try to cover as many topics as possible, right from economy to business, to trade policies, awardees, sports personalities, art, literature. If nothing then be aware of all the topics to some extent.
- Take reference form past question papers as well as see the pattern of occurrence of questions.
- Firstly pick up the topics that you are strong & thorough with & later on move to the difficult ones & practice them as much as possible.
- Be assured that all your concepts are cleared.
Please continue reading http://www.careersamosa.com for more news on CDS 2015 entrance examination. Good Luck!! 🙂