Post Graduate Courses in Marine Engineering:
Marine Engineering although being one of the several streams and branches of Engineering is also related to other streams of sciences such nautical sciences and naval architecture. Thus this is one stream of engineering in which there is an application of engineering concepts and principles to all kinds of Marine Transport Vehicles.
Marine Engineering is also relative to other streams of Engineering as that of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automobile Engineering Etc. All Marine Engineers are have to shoulder the responsibility to construct the ship and other sea and ocean transport vehicles.
Marine Engineers select the nature and the kind of Diesel Engines, gas turbines, steam turbines and several other components such as that of electrical system and the fluid system in all the sea transport vehicles.
Obtaining a Master’s Degree in Marine Engineering obviously and surely rises your chances to greater success in marine engineering career, since its like an added jewel and feather in the cap that you dawn. A master’s degree would surely open newer avenues and job opportunities and work positions such as that of Chief Engineer, Navy Weapon Engineering Officer, Etc.
List of Post Graduate Courses in Marine Engineering:
The following given below is the list of Post Graduate Courses in Marine Engineering:
- Master’s Degree in Marine Engineering
- Master of Technology Degree & Programs in Marine Enginering
- Master of Technology Degree & Programs in Air Armament
- Master of Technology Degree & Programs in in Ocean Engineering
- Master of Technology Degree & Programs in Naval Architecture
Eligibility Criteria for the above Bachelors Degree:
- All the potential Students are required to meet and comply with the terms and conditions for pursuing the above mentioned degrees:
- All the students should have passed out the Bachelor’s Degree in B.E. or B.Tech in any Engineering Branches or Streams.
- The above mentioned Degree should have been obtained and passed from any Recognized University or College in India.
- Also all the students are required to pass out and clear the GATE (General Aptitude Test for Engineers) Examination, for securing admission to Government Marine Engineering Colleges and Institutes.
- For Private Marine Engineering Institutes, the admissions may depend upon whether they are conducting their own private entrance examinations or on Merit Basis.
Duration of the Post Graduate Marine Engineering Course:
- The Duration of the course will be for 2 Years.