National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national-level scholarship program regarded by the Government of India as the most prestigious and the most difficult examination at high school level in the country. NTSE is conducted to identify and recognize students with high intellect and academic talent. It is one of the most prestigious exams in India.
Close to 300,000 students (a largely self selective group of students) appear in this scholarship exam every year, and 1,000 scholarships are awarded, out of which 775 are not reserved. The scheme is open to students of Indian nationality. Only students studying in Class X are eligible to appear for the selection process. As it is organized by an official body (NCERT), it is widely regarded by the Government of India as the most prestigious and the most difficult examination at high school level in the country.
Students who qualifies first stage are eligible to appear for the national level examination (about top 4000+ students from the entire country). The national level examination has two parts for nominating the required number of candidates. Students studying overseas but are Indian citizens can participate in NTSE second stage directly.
- Part-I: Mental Ability Test (MAT) + Language (English / Local Language)
- Part-II: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)(as given above)
In our past article we had discussed about the NTSE 2016 Important Dates, How to apply for NTSE 2016? through NTSE 2016. Now we shall move forward in our discussion & share about the NTSE 2016 Eligibility Criteria.
NTSE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
All those candidates who sincerely wish to apply for NTSE 2016 must necessarily check out the NTSE 2016 Eligibility Criteria before hand. Through this article we shall list down the NTSE 2016 Eligibility Criteria which shall be important while getting an admission in NTSE.
- All students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage-I examination
- Students must note that there is no domicile restriction for students.
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for scholarship
- Students must be below the age of 18 years.
- The students is not employed and she is appearing in Class X examination for the first time