NSD Screening Test
National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi is one of the primary self-governing theatre training institutions in the world working under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. It was started by the Sangeet Natak Akademi as one of its component units in year 1959. The main aim of NSD is to train students to become professionals in the area of acting, design and other theater related disciplines.
Eligibility for NSD diploma in Dramatic Arts
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must have passed bachelor’s degree in any subject from a recognized university in India where as foreign applicants must have participated in at least 6 theater productions and Working knowledge of Hindi and English
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 20 years and maximum 30 years (as on 01st July, 2014)
- Selection: The applicants will be selected by an expert committee constituted by the School that will assess the aptitude and talent of the applicants and its decision will be final. Any Researching in this regard will be treated as a disqualification
- Medium: Hindi/English
- Financial Support: All the selected students will be given scholarship of Rs 6000/- p.m. to meet their academic as well as other expenses
- Physical Fitness: The students selected for admission will have to undergo a medical test for physical fitness at NSD, New Delhi
Screening Test Details
The Screening Process engages of two stages. The first stage consists of an audition or practical test. The applicants those who are successful in Stage I makes it for the second stage which consists of a 3 to 5 day workshop at the campus of NSD, New Delhi. Auditions are held at Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore and Mumbai.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form from the NSD website as well as can receive the application form through post by writing to the Academic Section, National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi-110001.
For further more details you can visit NSD website: nsd.gov.in/