NIMS stands for Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences. The College of Nursing is an integral part of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, was established in the year 1991. It is offering Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master Of Science In Nursing with different specialties, and also a programme study centre for IGNOU, Post Basic B.Sc (N).
M.Sc (N) is a two year course with the intake of twenty one (21) per annum into three specialties viz Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing, Child Health Nursing and Community Health Nursing. B.Sc (N) is a four year degree course with hundred (100) intake per annum, only for female. Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad (Telangana State) has released admission notification inviting application for admission into the M.Sc Nursing (for women only) for the year 2015.
NIMS has announced entrance exam for the nursing admissions. Entrance exam is conducted to enroll students to M.Sc Nursing for the academic year 2015-16. Let us take a look at the other details surrounding NIMSET 2015.
NIMSET 2015 course details
The duration of NIMSET 2015 course is 2 years. The number of seats allotted for each category differs. Let us take a look at the same.
No. of seats available for M.Sc (Nursing) (only for women)
- Child Health (Peadiatric) Nursing: 08 Seats
- Obstetric and Gynaecological Nursing: 05 Seats
- Community Health Nursing – 08 Seats
NIMSET 2015 Important Dates
- Availability of Application on Website: 21st August 2015
- Last date for Submission of Application (hardcopy): 02nd September 2015
- Issue of Hall Tickets through Email: 15th September 2015
- Date for NIMSET-M.Sc (N) Entrance Exam: 19th September 2015
- Display of Provisional Results: 21st September 2015
- Deadline for manual re‐evaluation of OMR answer sheet: 22nd September 2015
- Display of Merit-List of Eligible Candidates on Website: 23rd September 2015
- Date of Counselling: 29th September 2015
- Commencement of Classes: 30th September 2015
- Closure of Admissions: 30th September 2015
NIMSET 2015 Selection Procedure
It is very clear that the selection procedure for NIMSET 2015 shall be based on the performance of the candidates at the entrance test.
In case the marks are equal in entrance exam, candidates are selected on the basis of either;
- Candidates obtaining higher total percentage of marks in B.Sc (Nursing) exam followed by
- Candidate elder in age will be placed higher in the merit list in that order
The marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination and the names of candidates qualified for counselling will be displayed on the notice board of the Institute/website on the date notified.
For more details please log on to www.nims.edu.in