National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is one of the leading institutes for fashion management technology in India and was started in 1986 under the sponsorship of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. NIFT provides various full time diplomas, bachelors and masters programs. Entry to these programs is made through the entrance test conducted by the institute.
Following are the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs offered at NIFT:
- Bachelor of Design in Accessory Design
- Bachelor of Design in Fashion Communication
- Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Design in Knitwear Design
- Bachelor of Design in Leather Design
- Bachelor of Design in Textile Design
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology in Apparel Production
- Master of Design in Design
- Master of Fashion Management
- Master of Fashion Technology in Fashion Technology
- For Undergraduate programs for Design: The applicant must have passed 10+2 pattern examination from any of the recognized board such as CBSE, ICSE or State Board.
- For Undergraduate programs for Technology: The applicant must have passed 10+2 pattern examination from any of the recognized board such as CBSE, ICSE or State Board with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- For Undergraduate programs for Fashion Tech. Management: The applicant must have passed three years bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) or equivalent in any discipline from any of the recognized University.
- For Undergraduate programs for Technology: The applicant must have passed three years B.E. / B.Tech (Textiles / Apparel / Mechanical / Industrial / Production / Electronics / Computer / Information Technology) degree from any of the recognized University.
NIFT 2016 Exam Important Dates
- NIFT 2016 online registration begins : 20th October 2015
- NIFT 2016 online registration closed : 10th January 2016
- Online registration closed with late fees Rs.5000/- : 16th January 2016
- NIFT 2016 Admit Card issued : 21st January 2016
- NIFT 2016 Test Date : 14th February 2016
- Date of GD & PI : April – May 2016
- Declaration of result : May – June 2016
- NIFT 2016 Counselling : June 2016 onwards
NIFT Exam Pattern
NIFT entrance exam consist of three tests that is General Aptitude Test (GAT), Creative Ability Test (CAT) and Managerial Ability Test (MAT). All tests have objective type multiple choice questions (MCQs). There is negative marking for incorrect answer.
NIFT entrance exam doesn’t have any set syllabus. It comprises of question on basics topics such as Communication Skills, Composition, Creativity, Drawing Skills, General Mental Ability, and Sensitivity to Environment and Subjects of Design.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants can apply online or can get the application form from the regional centers of NIFT by paying the application fee amount. Applicants applying online can make the payment through net banking or go for bank challan where as applicants applying offline can make the payment through cash. Applicants who would like to obtain form through post must send demand draft (DD) of the application amount in favor of NIFT, New Delhi.