NDA 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
The following mentioned below is the Eligibility Criteria for the NDA (National Defense Academy) 2015 Entrance Examinations.
- A Candidates must either be one of the Following:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling down in India, or
- A person of the Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to Categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person whose favour a Certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Certificate of Eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of the Candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b)Age Limits, Marital Status and Sex:
- All Candidates must be an Unmarried Male and should not have born earlier than 2nd January 1996 and not later than 1st January 1999.
- All the Candidates are required not to marry till and until they complete their full training. If a Candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application, although successful will not be selected for the Training.
- If any Candidate marries during the Training, he/she shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all the expenses incurred on him by the Government.
For the Army Wing of the National Defense Academy:
- 12th Class Pass of the 10+2 Patter of School Education or equivalent examination which is conducted by the State Educational Board or a University.
For the Air Force and Naval Wing of the National Defense Academy:
- 12th pass of the 10+2 Pattern of School Education or any other equivalent education with physics and mathematics conducted by the State Educational Board or a University.
- Also all the Candidates who are appearing for the 12 Class under the 10+2 Pattern of School Education or equivalent Examination can also apply.
- All the Candidates are Required to be physically fit as per the physical standards that are set for the purpose of admissions to the National Defense Academy as well as the Naval Academy Examination Guidelines.
- Candidates are also advised to rectify any minor ailments/defects in order to speed up the procedure for the finalization of the medical examination, which is conducted by the Military hospital after being recommended at the SSB.
- The above mentioned ailments/defects include the following: Wax (ears), deviated Nasal Septum, Hydrocele/Phimosis, Overweight/Underweight, Under sized Chest, Piles, Gynaecomastia, Tonsillitis, Varicocele.
- All Candidates who are recommended by the Services Selection Board will have to undergo a medical examination by the Board of the Service Medical Officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who have been declared fit by the Medical Board. The Proceedings for the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone.
- However, all those Candidates who are declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board and the procedure for the request for an Appeal Medical Board will also be intimated to the Candidate.