The National Institute of Technology:
The National Institute of Technology (NIT) is a centralized, conglomerate of several affiliated Campuses, very similar to the IIMs, IITs. Just as the IIMs and the IITs are located in several states of India, the same way the NITs are spread across the nation.
There is probably one NIT in every state of India, bringing it down to a total of 30. The NITs were established by the Government of India between the years 1959-1965, earlier these were called as Regional Engineering Colleges, its only in 2002 these were named as National Institute of Technology.
Courses offered by the NITs:
The National Institute of Technology offers full time Graduation, Post graduation and Doctoral level programs, in many areas of Science, Engineering and Technology. All the NITs are sovereign bodies, functioning independently, thereby setting up their very course and curriculum.
Admission to the NITs 2015:
All the admission to the NITs are done only through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Mains), all admissions are directly proportional to the candidates JEE (MAINS) scores. One should carefully note that there is no other means to get into the NITs.
About JEE 2015:
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), was previously called IIT-JEE, because this exam was held only for the 7 IITs. But now this has undergone a grave transformation from the year 2012.
The first IIT-JEE entrance test was held in the year 1960. During that time the examination witnessed just a few takers, but with the passing of each year, the number of applicants has grown by leaps and bounds.
JEE is held for the purpose of securing admissions not only for the IITs, but also for the IIITs, the NITs as well as other notable Universities and Colleges in India. The JEE Mains are for the purpose of getting an admission in IIITs and NITs, while the JEE Advance is for the purpose of providing admission in the IITs.
JEE Mains 2015:
As already mentioned above, this exam is held for admission in engineering institutes such as the IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), the NIT (National Institute of Information Technology) and other Central Government Institutes.
JEE (Main) 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
- All students who passed out 12th std HSC Board Exams, with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or any other examination equivalent to it.
- Maximum 3 Attempts are allowed.
- All applicants/Candidates are required to comply with rules and regulations for JEE Mains 2015.
Syllabus for JEE (Mains) 2015:
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy and power,
- Rotational motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Communication systems
- Basic concepts of Chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reaction and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- S-block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P- Block elements
- D & F Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Basic chemicals of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens, nitrogen & oxygen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry.
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences & series
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Coordinate geometry
- Three dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Mathematical reasoning
Papers and the nature of the exam:
The JEE (Mains) examination comprises of 2 Papers
Paper 1: For admissions to B.E. and B. Tech (option of both online and offline mode)
Subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
Duration of Paper: 3 hours
Paper 2: For admissions to B.Arch and Planning (only offline)
Subjects: Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
Duration of Paper: 3 hours
Candidates have the option to appear for one paper or both the papers, depending upon their interest.
JEE (Mains) 2015 Application Form:
Application form will be available from November 2014
JEE (Mains) 2015 exam date:
Exam will be held Mid April 2015
JEE (Mains) 2015 Exam Fees:
Paper 1(online & offline mode): 1000/- for offline mode & 600/- online mode
Students opting for both paper 1 and paper 2 will have to pay 1800/- and 1400/-.
This article was about the National Information Technology and the admissions to the to the NITs for the year 2015.
for the above please visit our website www.careersamosa.com or you could visit these links mentioned below: