The Common Entrance Test conducted in the State of Maharashtra is popularly known as MH CET. The purpose of conducting this entrance exam is for selecting the students for various undergraduate medical degree courses in the Government/Municipal Corporation , Government supported Health Science Colleges/Institutions for the academic session. The entrance exam is being conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education & Research (DMER)
The MH CET 2015 shall be held in the month of May. Application forms for the same shall be available online for the month of January.
MH CET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
Few eligibility criteria are needed to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to appear for MH CET 2015
- Candidates willing to apply for MH CET 2015 should have passed SSC or eqvivalent examination from a recognized institution situated in Maharashtra.
- At the same time, all those candidates who have attained their SSC from an institution outside Maharashtra but attained HSC or an eqvivalent Degree within Maharashtra State are eligible for seeking admission to the courses in Health Science given that it is proved he/she is a domicile of Maharashtra.
- Candidates must be born on or before 31st October 1998 to appear for MH CET 2015. Where as for admissions to Ayurveda & Unani courses candidates must be born on or before 1st October 1998.
- For MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BUMS candidates belonging to Open Category need to attain minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology & candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD section need to attain minimum 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Persons with Disability in General Section are liable to secure not less than 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry,Biology.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying HSC exam in February/March 2015 are eligible to appear for MH CET 2015 only if they fulfill the eligibility condition at the time of Preference form.
MH CET 2015 Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Registration Process begins on||First Week of March 2015|
|Last Date for Online Registration||Last week of March 2015|
|Payment of MH CET application fees||First week of March to Last week of MArch|
|Issue of MH CET Admit Cards||Last week of April 2015 & First week of May 2015|
|MH CET Exam Dates||First or Second week of May 2015|
|MH CET REsult Declaration||Second week of June 2015|
MH CET 2015 Examination Centre
- Candidates please note that the examination centre for MH CET 2015 shall be conducted at all the district headquarters of the Maharashtra State.
- The MH CET Examination Centre shall be within the same district from where the candidate has passed/ is appearing at the qualifying examination i.e HSC
- For all those candidates clearing the qualifying examination other than the State of Maharashtra, the Competent Authority shall allot the examination center.
- Candidates please note that the center once allotted by the Competent Authority is not liable for any sort of changes under any circumstances.
- Candidates please note that, in the online application form for MH CET 2015, the facility for choice of district of examination centre is available only for those candidates who have acquired HSC from outside the State of Maharashtra.
For further updates on MH CET 2015 please carry on following http://www.careersamosa.com