Masters in Civil Engineering in India:
Civil engineering is one of the oldest engineering profession in the world, where it traces can be easily found out even in ancient human civilization namely that of the Egyptian Civilization and the Babylonian Civilizations.
And talking about the present day times, this stream of engineering is not only in great demand, but lucrative too. Moreover, several advancements in the field of science and technology, together with the increase in population increase have suddenly created a huge upsurge in the demand for Civil Engineers.
There are several Post Graduate Degrees & Programs which are available in India, for all those Candidates who are interested in pursuing the “Masters in Civil Engineering in India, namely the following:
-Masters in Science (M.Sc) in Civil Engineering
-Masters in Engineering (M.E) in Civil Engineering
-Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Civil Engineering
Eligibility for pursuing Masters in Civil Engineering in India:
- All those Potential Candidates interested in pursuing a Masters Degree in Civil Engineering, are supposed to abide by the following stipulations:
- For securing an admission in the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), every Candidate is required to pass and qualify the General Aptitude test for Engineers (GATE) Engineering Entrance Examinations.
- Also for Securing the admissions to the Central Government funded and Nationalized Universities & Colleges, the candidates are required to clear and qualify the above mentioned GATE Engineering Entrance Examinations.
- For securing admissions to other Private Engineering Universities and Colleges, depending upon the rules and byelaws every candidate may be required to pass and qualify the entrance examination, which is conducted by them
- All the Candidates should have also passed and should have qualified as a Graduate or Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering from any University or College in India.
Job prospects of Masters in Civil Engineering:
- All those potential students who have completed their Masters in Civil Engineering can apply both in the private sector and the public sector. Candidates can also pursue their further research and development program in civil engineering.
- Also all the potential students who want to make it big can either opt to apply for the civil services examination (UPSC) or else the Indian Engineering Services Examination (IES).