Biotechnology is known to be a combination of Biology & Technology as the name suggests. The practical use of biotechnology is where scientists develop treatments for diseases & beneficially alter the genetics of humans as well as other life forms. There are various Institutions which provide different courses for Biotechnology students.
Given below is a list of Colleges which provides numerous Biotechnology courses.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (www.aiims.edu/)
- GGS Indraprastha University, Delhi (www.ipu.ac.in.)
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi (iitd.ac .in)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (www.iitm.ac.in/)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal (www.iitkgp.ac.in/)
- University of Rajasthan, Jaipur (www.uniraj.ac.in/)
- Punjab University, Chandigarh (pec.ac.in/~pecac/new/)
- Shri Mata Vaishno University (smvdu.net.in/)
- Satyabhama Institution of Science & Technology, Tamil Nadu (www.sathyabamauniversity.ac.in/)
- Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Institute of Engineering
- Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (www.osmania.ac.in/)
- Visverswaraiah Technological University, Karnataka (vtu.ac.in/)
- University of Kerala (www.keralauniversity.ac.in/ )
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu (www.vit.ac.in)
- Amity Institute of Biotechnology, New Delhi (www.amity.edu/)
Eligibility Criteria to appear for Biotechnology Entrance Exam 2015
- Candidates must have passed in HSC (10+2) from any State Board/CBSE/ICSE with subjects such as Mathematics/ Biology, Physics, Chemistry & a minimum aggregate of 60% in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics, Chemistry.
- Those candidates who are appearing for HSC (10+2) examinations in March/ April 2015 can apply as well & their admission is subject to successful completion of HSC with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics, Chemistry.
- Candidates should have passed 10th class or equivalent examination either in April 2012 or after, with a minimum aggregate marks of 60%.
- Candidates please note that all those students who have passed HSC (10+2) before April 2014, are not eligible to apply.
List of UG Biotechnology Entrance Exams 2015
- University of Rajasthan- Joint Entrance Test (JET) (June 11, 2015)
- CBEE 2015, Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examiantion 2015, JNU (May 19, 2015)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test – 2015 (IPU CET – 2015) (May 17, 2015)
- South Asian University New Delhi Entrance Test 2015 (April 5, 2015)
For more news please write keep reading http://www.careersamosa.com