In our previous article we had mentioned about KEAM 2016 where by we had described about various courses offered through KEAM 2016 entrance exam and the selection procedure for KEAM 2016.
KEAM 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Given below is the KEAM 2016 Eligibility Criteria, to which all the Candidates/Aspirants are required to comply with:
(a)Domicile Eligibility Criteria:
- All the Candidates/Aspirants who intend to appear for the KEAM 2016 Examinations should be of an Indian Citizen.
- Candidates/Aspirants who are “Persons of Indian Origin” (PIO) or the “Overseas Citizen of India” (OCI) Card Holders Category will be treated at par along with Indian Citizens for the purpose of admissions only.
NOTE: For the above mentioned purposes all the Candidates will be Classified into 2 distinct Categories Keralites and Non Keralites, which is mentioned below:
- All Candidates/Aspirants of Kerala Origin will be treated and Categorized as a “Keralite” only for the purpose of admitting students.
- Candidates/Aspirants who are the Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non Keralites) who are allotted to the Kerala Cadre will come under this Category and are required to produce a certificate from the competent authority showing that the parent of the Candidate is an AIS Officer who has been allotted to the Kerala Cadre.
(ii)Non – Keralite Category I (NK I): all Candidates/Aspirants who are not of the Kerala Origin but fulfill any 1 one of the following terms and conditions will be categorized as “Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)”:
- All Candidates/Aspirants who have been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of educations and belongs to the “Category of Non Keralite”
- All Candidates/Aspirants who have studied in Kerala from Class VIII to Class XII and does not belong to the Category of Kerala Origin.
- All Candidates/Aspirants who have studied and completed their 10+2 in the State of Kerala and whose parents are “Non Keralites”, who belong to the Category of the Government of India/Defence Service, and posted to Kerala.
- All Candidates/Aspirants who have studied and completed their 10+2 in the State of Kerala and whose parents are Non-Keralites serving or served in the Government of Kerala for a minimum period of 2 years including the period of study of the qualifying exam.
(iii)Non-Keralite Category II (NK II): all Candidates/Aspirants who are not of the Kerala Origin but fulfill any 1 one of the following terms and conditions will be categorized as “Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)”:
- All Candidates/Students who do not belong to the “Keralite” or the “Non Keralite Category I” will be considered as “Non-Keralite Category II”
- All such Candidates/Aspirants can ONLY to the “State Merit” seats in all the “Self Private Financing Engineering Universities/Colleges/Insitutes” or the “Self Private Financing Engineering Universities/Colleges/Institutes” under the “MANAGEMENT QUOTA”
(b)Educational Qualification Eligibility Criteria:
KEAM 2016 Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses:
(i)For B.Tech (Ag. Engg) and B.Tech (Food Engg) and B.Tech (Diary Science & Technology):
- All Candidates/Aspirants must have passed their 10+2 HSC Board Examination of Kerala or any other equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- All the Candidates/Aspirants must have secured at least 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate in Physics & Chemistry.
(ii)For Diploma Holders in Engineering:
- All the Candidates/Students who have passed a Diploma in Engineering or any other equivalent examinations are also eligible to appear for the KEAM 2015.
- All the Candidates/Students who have obtained such a Diploma in Engineering must have it certified and recognized from the State Board of Technical Education.
- All such Candidates/Students must have undergone at least 3 year institutional course from any college/ institute which is recognized by the AICTE.
- All such Candidates/Students must have obtained at least 50% in the final year of such course.
(iii)For B.Tech (D.Sc & Tech):
- All the Candidates/Aspirants must have passed their 10+2 HSC Board exam of Kerala, or any other equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in Mathematics or Biology.
- All the Candidates/Students must have secured an aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
- All the Candidates/Aspirants will be required to pursue a make up course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.
All the Candidates/Students must be at least above the age of 17 by 31st December 2016. However there is no upper age limit.