The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is solely responsible for conducting Karnataka PGCET 2015. The Karnataka Examination Authority shall conduct the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2015 (PGCET-2015) for all those candidates who want to take admission into first year of full time & part time courses in M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch in either of Government/University/Private aided Colleges in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2015-16.
If a candidate is successful enough the PGCET 2015 he/she shall be able to get admission into various branches of Engineering such as Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Textile Technology, Electrical Sciences, Mechanical Science, Architecture, Polymer Science and Technology, Mathematics & Computer Science etc.. This being a State Level Examination, seats are very limited & hence candidates need to work really hard to reserve their seat.
Exam Pattern is essentially important for candidates to get to know about their subjects more closely & precisely. Exam Pattern helps out the candidates with better preparation. Candidates get an idea as to how the questions shall appear in the examination & can be prepared for the same. Also, candidates get to know about the total time required to appear for the exam & prepare themselves accordingly to complete the exam within the set time frame. Let us see what the Karnataka PGCET 2015 Exam Pattern has got for students.
Karnataka PGCET 2015 Exam Pattern
- The Karnataka PGCET 2015 Question Paper shall consist of 2 parts namely, Part A & Part B.
- Total no. of questions to be asked are 75 questions.
- The questions shall be multiple choice based.
- The question paper shall be of total 100 marks.
- 50 questions shall be of 1 mark each which shall consist of 50 marks.
- 25 questions shall be of 2 mark each which shall consist of another 50 marks.
- The written test shall be conducted in nine disciplines such as; Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Textile Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Architecture, Bio-Technology.
- The total duration of exam is 150 minutes (2 hours & 30 minutes)
- Candidates please note that there shall be no negative marking in the entrance exam.
- The first section of examination shall be conducted for those candidates who are applying for courses in Department of PG Studies and Research in Mathematics and Computer Science of Kuvempu University and Department of Studies in Computer Science of University of Mysore.
- The second section of examination shall be conducted for the admission to candidates in Visvesvaraya Technological University & University BDT College of Engineering Davangere.
For further information candidates can visit the official website http://kea.kar.nic.in/ as well as get updates on Karnataka PGCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria, Karnataka PGCET 2015 Important Dates, Karnataka PGCET 2015 Application Form on http://www.careersamosa.com