The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is solely responsible for conducting Karnataka PGCET 2015. The Karnataka Examination Authority shall conduct the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2015 (PGCET-2015) for all those candidates who want to take admission into first year of full time & part time courses in M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch in either of Government/University/Private aided Colleges in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2015-16.
If a candidate is successful enough the PGCET 2015 he/she shall be able to get admission into various branches of Engineering such as Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Textile Technology, Electrical Sciences, Mechanical Science, Architecture, Polymer Science and Technology, Mathematics & Computer Science etc.. This being a State Level Examination, seats are very limited & hence candidates need to work really hard to reserve their seat. With this, let us take over the discussion on Karnataka PGCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria.
Karnataka PGCET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates need to complete their Gradation with an aggregate of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST category)
- Candidates must meet the domicile requirements as mentioned in the brochure.
- If candidates possess a valid GATE score, they need not apply for this examination.
- Candidates of M.Tech Computer Network Engineering must complete their Bachelor’s in Computer Science & Engineering or Information Science & Engineering or equivalent Degree with AMIE. They are eligible to select EC/CS
- Candidates applying for M.Tech in Digital Communication are required to complete Bachelor’s in Electronics & Communication or Electronics & Telecommunication / Electrical & Electronics/ Bio Medical Engineering. They need to select for EC/EE/IT.
- Candidates who wish to pursue VLSI Design Embedded Systems need to have Bachelor’s in Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation Technology/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics/ Bio Medical Engineering. They need to select for EC/EE/IT.
- Candidates who wish to apply for Machine Design, should have Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering/ Automobile Engineering. These candidates can opt for only ME.
- Candidates applying for MBA must have prescribed for any of the qualifying examinations like CMAT/CAT/MAT/PGCET/KMAT etc.
- Candidates willing to apply for MCA, must have Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer Programming/ Computer Applications/ Business Mathematics as their optional subject at Degree level.