Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is an entrance test carried out all across the county for the applicants those who want to seek admission for a Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D) / Integrated Ph,D programs or theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience in central and state institutions.
Succeeding in JEST does not permit the applicant to get a Research Fellowship. Using the JEST results, each institute will call a limited number of applicants for further selection depending on their requirements. All the selected applicants will receive Research Fellowship from the respective institutes.
JEST 2015 is the qualifying test for admissions to Ph.D programs in the central government funded institutions across India.
- The applicants must have passed M.Sc in Physics or M.Sc / M.E / M.Tech in related disciplines.
For Theoretical Computer Science
- The applicant must have passed M.Sc / M.E / M.Tech / MCA in Computer Science and related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
For Integrated M.Sc / M.Tech – Ph.D program
- The applicants must have passed B.Sc / B.E / B.Tech degree in a relevant discipline from any recognized university.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants can apply online at the JEST official website with all the required documents scanned and ready to upload.
- For General category applicants: Rs 300/-
- For SC/ST category applicants: Rs 150/-
Following are the exam centers where JEST 2015 will be conducted:
Ahmedabad, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bardhaman, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwhati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nainital, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Sambalpur, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Trivandrum, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam
- Last date for submission of the online application form: 08.12.2014
- JEST 2015 will be conducted on 15.02.2015 (from 10 am to 1 pm)
Hope the above given information will help you apply for the upcoming JEST 2015 examination. For further information visit JEST website: www.jest.org.in/