Work from anywhere in the World
If you want to work from anywhere and travel the world it is important to acquire the right skills. The traditional 9-5 office job isn’t the only option. Sure, it works for so many people. But that‘s not the only option. There are endless and amazing alternatives to the traditional cubicle life that you can take with you anywhere in the world.
In fact, virtual jobs continue to rise and many companies take advantage of the benefits, such as overhead cost savings and better morale — which reduces employee turnover. But here are few jobs that you can do anywhere in the World:
1. Bartender/Server: As you travel all you want is bartenders and servers. Everyone eats, everyone drinks, and the people who provide those services are always in demand. Work on your mix-logy skills and practice your ability to smile and nod while someone complains about your entire existence for the short time they’re at your establishment and — poof — you are employable anywhere. You will never fail to find work in a hotel, a bar, a restaurant, a coffee shop, a beach stall selling watered down margaritas, you name it.
2. Scuba Diving Instructor/Dive master: There are many opportunities for Diving Instructors and Dive masters. Look anywhere in the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, the Red Sea, Southeast Asia, or the South Pacific and you will find dive centres’ everywhere. Add in live-aboards and private yachts and the opportunities increase. This skill set enables you to live and work anywhere — but don’t take it lightly! The courses are precise to achieve professional status and the work is not easy. But if you love the water, there’s no better option for travel and employment to coexist.
3. Photographer: Photographers have endless options — families want memories whether they’re local or visiting. Weddings happen all over the globe, children go to school and parents want annual pictures, and tourists want their activities captured on camera to show to their friends and families back home. Increase your portfolio and broaden your scope with photos and stories from around the world.
4. Web Design/Graphic Design: These skills can be carried anywhere and are useful everywhere. Go to a touristy spot and connect with a few expat business owners. They will want your expertise, your ability to make their signs and logos and websites in the style they’re used to from back home. Go anywhere and keep your connections from back home. You can still work on their websites, design new materials, and consult from afar without anyone even knowing you’re not in the same room. Not to mention your traveling will likely offer you new perspectives and inspiration in your own design elements.
5. Yoga Instructor: Yoga instructor, a job you could set up anywhere. If you have travelled at all, you know yoga is a universally adored activity. As a yoga instructor, you can offer private classes or hook up with a studio offering a set schedule. Work when you want, where you want. No language skills required as yogis speak their own language and can possibly teach anywhere in the world.
6. IT/Virtual Assistant: Virtual Assistance is a very broad topic – and may be likened to being a jack of all trades but a master of none. Grab your laptop, find yourself a comfy seat and some Wi-Fi and settle in. Your new office could be at a cafe, in a hammock, on your front porch, or underneath the world’s most popular structures. As a Virtual Assistant you can do the same work you’re doing now but from the comfort of your own front porch or couch or beach anywhere.
7. Translator/Interpreter: As it comes to translator or interpreters you will have to have a pretty specific skill set but if you are bi-lingual you could use those skills not only in foreign countries but also in your home country. Translators and interpreters are used in a variety of professions, ask around and you will find a void you can easily fill. TEFL/TESOL certifications carry a lot of weight, so check out courses online and in-person to gain experience before taking on a classroom by you.
Hence, these are a few jobs that you can do anywhere in the world. After all, if you love what you do, you’ll conquer more obstacles and motivate yourself more for a longer period of time.