JNTU PACET 2015:
JNTU is an acronym for Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University and PACET stands for Planning and Architecture Entrance Test.
About Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University:
The Jawaharlal Nehru Technology is located at Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. This University is situated in the heart of the city kukatpally, and in fact is a popular landmark. The university has an excellent academic environment because of the knowledge oriented faculties.
The institute has carved a niche for itself in the field of Architecture in the state of Telengana, Hyderabad. It has attained an autonomous status from the year 2008 and has many colleges and institutes that are affiliated to it.
JNTU affiliated Colleges:
- JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad
- JNTU College of Engineering, Karimnagar
- JNTU College of Engineering Manthani
- JNTU College of Engineering, Sultanpur
- JNTU School of Information Technology
- JNTU Institute of Science and Technology
- JNTU School of Management Studies
- JNTU Academic Staff College
The Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University has several Tie Ups with foreign Universities and Institutes across the Globe, some of them are listed below:
- School of Information Technology with Carnegie Mellon University.
- School of Management Studies with Central Michigan University.
- JNTU College of Engineering , Hyderabad with Kansas State University.
- JNTU Hyderabad with Blekinge Institute of Technology Sweden.
Programs offered by JNTU 2015:
4 Year B.Planning degree course.
5 Year B.Arch degree course
6 Year B.Arch degree and other relative programs.
Eligibility for JNTU PACET 2015:
- All the candidates should be above the age of 16 years , on the date of commencement of the admissions to the above mentioned programs.
- Candidates should also note that there is no upper limit for appearing these examinations.
Educational Qualifications for JNTU PACET 2015:
- All candidates should have passed 10+2 HSC Board Examination, which is conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, or related Vocational Course conducted by Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh along with bridge courses conducted by it or any other examination recognized as equivalent there to by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, and should have secure:
(a) Not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with Mathematics and English as subjects of examination for admission into 5- year B.Arch degree course.
(b)Not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with any subjects for admission into 4 year B. Planning degree course.
- Candidates should have passed three years diploma (10+3) in Engineering/ Architecture conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh or its equivalent there to as recognized by State Board Of Technical Education and Andhra Pradesh and should have secure:-
(a) Not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with Mathematics and English as subjects of admission for admission into 5-year B.Arch degree course and
(b) Not less than 50% marks with any subject for admission into 4-year B.Planning degree course.
Note: Candidates appearing for 10+2 final examination or equivalent or final year Diploma examination are also eligible to apply. However, they shall fulfil the criteria stipulated in clauses ii (c) (i) or / and (ii) above to be eligible for admission.
- Candidates should be of Indian National
- Candidates should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh and should satisfy local/non local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
JNTU PACET 2015 Syllabus (For Architect):
JNTU PACET Test 1(Drawing) will consist of question to test the following:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on the surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given 3D elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interest 2D composition using given shapes or forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and sense of proportion.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
JNTU PACET Test 2 (Asthetics) will consist of questions to test the following:
- Visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings
- Visualizing different sides of 3D object
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textual qualities
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Architectural awareness
- For Planning
JNTU PACET (For Planning) will consists of question from:
- Graphic representation and communications – recognition and identification of symbols, graphic representations.
- Pattern recognition – numerical, verbal, geometrical, graphic
- Logical thinking/ analytical reasoning – matching concepts to situations, interpretating situations.
- Imaginatinve comprehension and expressin – description of situations in cities/ towns / villages.
- Planning and development general knowledge- national and local plans, policies, books , authors, planers.
- Community awareness – income groups, poverty groups and problems, local governance practices, community associations and
- actions, community amenity
- Geography and public health – Indian and A.P. state , problems, concerns, issues – sanitization, environment impacts of economic activities.
- Quantitative abilities- numerical,geometrical
- Scientific thinking – fundamental principles and laws of physics, chemistry, biology- scientific method.
Application Form for JNTU PACET 2015:
All candidates can apply for JNTU PACET 2015 by availing the application form along with the enclosed documents including the INSTRUCTION BOOKLET for admission to Engineering Course in JNTU in any of the following ways mentioned below:
For Architecture and Planning, in person on payment to School of Planning and Architecture, JNTU, Mahaveer Marg, Masab Tank, Hyderabad; Dept. of Architecture, Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam; JNTU College of Engineering, Anantapur; Govt. Polytechnic, Vijayawada.
By Post by paying a demand draft in favour of Secretary, APSCHE giving clear address to which the application form is to be posted.
Application form for PACET 2015: can also be downloaded from http://www.jntu.ac.in.
For further information please the website http://www.jntuh.ac.in/new/
The above article was for the JNTU PACET 2015 Entrance Exam.