The JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) is a two tier exam. The first stage is JEE Main, which is gateway to the B.Tech courses offered by the institutes including NITs and IIITs. Beside this the candidates who qualified the JEE Main would be eligible for the JEE Advanced 2016 entrance test (22nd May 2016) which is a gateway for the B.Tech courses offered by the IITs.
The candidates are informed that the JEE Main 2016 has been announced, the application forms are available from 1st December, 2015. The application can be filled online. The last date for filling the application form is 31th December, 2015.
JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The following article given below states the JEE Mains 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
(a)Pass % In Qualifying Examination:
- All the Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their Compulsory Subjects
- All the Candidates must have studies any one of these subjects as an Optional Subject (Chemistry,Bio-Technology, Computer Science, Biology)
- The Candidates must have secured a minimum of at least 50% marks in the total aggregate including all the subjects.
(b)Date of Birth:
- All the Candidates must have been born on or after the 1st October, 1991 so as to be eligible to appear for the JEE Mains 2016.
- All the Candidates who belong to the SC/ST/Pwd Categories should have been born on or after the 1st October 1986
Important Note: for the above purpose the Date of Birth which is mentioned on the Secondary Education Board Certificate or the University Certificate shall be considered valid.
(c)Year of Passing the Qualifying Examination:
- All the Candidates must have passed their 10+2 HSC examination or any other equivalent examination in the year 2013.
- All the Candidates who are presently appearing for their 10+2 HSC Board Examination are also eligible to appear for this year’s entrance examination
- All the Candidates, must have studied the five subjects in their 10+2 HSC Board Examination or any other equivalent examination.
- Candidates who have studied 4 subjects will not be eligible to appear for the exam.
- Improvement exam will be considered if the candidates will appear in all 5 subjects as per the scheme of study.
(c)No of Attempts:
- All the Candidates will be allowed only 3 Attempts
JEE Main 2016 Important Dates
- JEE Main online application starts : 1st December 2015
- JEE Main online application last date : 31st December 2015
- Correction period : one week in second half of January 2016
- Availability of JEE Main admit card 2016 : first week of March 2016 (onwards)
- JEE Main pen and paper based paper : 3rd April, 2016 (Sunday)
- JEE Main Computer based Paper : 9th & 10th April 2016 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Display of Answer Key and OMR Sheet : fourth week of April 2016
- JEE Main Result 2016 Declaration (paper 1 & paper 2) : first week of July 2016
- Availability of score/rank cards : After the Declaration of AIR, JEE Main rank