Indian Navy B.Tech Cadet Entry Jan 2017
Indian Navy has invited applications from unmarried Male candidates. (provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria) The applications have been invited to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala under the 10+2 Cadet (B.Tech) Entry Scheme (Permanent Commission) course commencing – January 2017.
Now let us check out the Eligibility Criteria required to apply for Indian Navy B.Tech Cadet.
- Candidate’s age should be 17 to 19½ years i.e. born between 02nd Jul 1997 & 01st Jan 2000 (both dates inclusive)
- Candidates must have passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII)
- Height and Weight: Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight as per age.
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses; should not be color/night blind.
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 20th June 2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 10th July 2016
- Last Date for Submission of Printout of the Online Application Form: 20th July 2016
- The training is scheduled to commence in January 2017
Online Application Procedure
- Candidates are required to Apply Online through Indian Navy Website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- One copy Online Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 04, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 along with the following documents Self-attested photograph, Self-attested result sheet of JEE (Main) 2016 exam (if qualified), Self-attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets.
- Speed post/courier and Registered post will not be accepted.
- The Selection Procedure for Indian Navy B.Tech Cadet goes as issuing call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on candidate’s performance in Senior Secondary Exam (10+2 equivalent).
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore, Bhopal, Coimbatore and Visakhapatnam during Aug – Oct 2016.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages, precisely:-Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Group Discussion test will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day.
Stage II test comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days; successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days)