IMU stands for Indian Maritime University; Chennai is a reputed Institution which has invited applications for UG/ PG Programmes of Academic Year 2015-16. IMU was setup with the motive to promote maritime studies, training, research, stressing on areas such as oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search & rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies etc..
Various Programmes are offered by Indian Maritime University. Listed below are few of them. Interested candidates are requested to pay attention at the IMU Common Admission Test 2015 details.
Under Graduate Programmes
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
- B.Sc (Maritime Science)
- B.Sc (Nautical Science)
- Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (applied Nautical Science)
Post Graduate Programmes
- MBA (Port & Shipping Management)
- MBA (International Transportation & Logistics Management)
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- M.Tech (Dredging & Harbour Engineering
Post Graduate Diploma Programme
Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Candidates must not be below the age of 17 years as on 1st August 2015.
- Maximum age to apply for candidates is 25 years.
- For SC/ ST candidates the maximum age limit is relaxed for five years.
- Candidates must comply with medical standards of D.G Shipping & candidates need to go through medical examination
- Candidates must possess good binocular vision without any squint
- Last date for online registration : 6th April 2015
- Downloading hall ticket : 11th April 2015
- Computer Based CET : 25th April 2015 (between 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
- Declaration of results : 30th April 2015
- Counseling Procedure for UG & PG Programmes : 11th May to 12th June 2015
- Date of Commencement of Programme : 3rd August 2015
How to apply?
- Candidates need to apply online at http://www.imu.edu.in
- Candidates need to provide passport size color photograph as well as their scanned signature.
- On application, candidates shall receive a Unique Application Number.
- Candidates must fill up all the required details.
- For making payments, candidates must download & print the challan & make payment at the nearest SBI Bank.
- Candidates need to pay application fees of Rs.1000/- for General candiates & Rs.700/- for Reserved category.
- Candidates must send the application form to;
Indian Maritime University,
East Coast road,
For more details please visit the official website http://www.imu.edu.in