IIT-Kharagpur is an epitome of rich culture of education in itself. Its motto itself states “Excellence in action is Yoga”. The Institute provides a variety of courses for its students. The courses provided by University includes Under Graduate as well as Post Graduate Courses.
The Under Graduate & Post Graduate Courses are as follows:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agriculture & Food Engineering
- Agriculture & Regional Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering
- Geology & Geophysics
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
IIT Kharagpur carries out admission procedure every year for various departments & streams. In respect to that IIT Kharagpur MBA Admissions 2015 have been announced. Check out the eligibility criteria for IIT Kharagpur MBA Admissions 2015.
IIT Kharagpur MBA Admissions 2015 Criteria
- Candidates belonging to General/ OBC Category must obtain a minimum of 60% marks (6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale)
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD Category must obtain a minimum of 55% marks (6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale)
- In case the CGPA is on a different scale, then the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated in above point.
- Admissions for reserved category candidates shall be as per Govt. of India rules.
- Persons with Physical Disabilities (PWD) applying for MBA admissions 2015 need to appear before a medical board on or before 31st Oct. 2015 at IIT Kharagpur; the decision of the Medical Board is final and becomes binding to the candidate.
- Last Date of online application Date: 13th January 2015
- Date of Test & Interview in Dept. :3rd March-8th April 2015 (Tentative Dates)
- Declaration of result : 5th May 2015 (tentative date)
How to apply?
- Candidates need to fill up the online application form at http://www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in
- Candidates need to make an online payment of Rs.1600 for General/OBC candidates & Rs.800/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- In the first place, candidates are short listed for GD-PI on the basis of their CAT/GMAT scores.
- Candidates applying from overseas need to have a total score of atleast 750.
- Finally selection is carried out on application rating, CAT/GMAT scores, performance in GD-PI.
- Overall CAT cutoff is 95 for General category, 85 for OBC, 80 for SC & PWD , 75 for ST
For more information please check out the official website http://www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in