IHM Ahmedabad Eligibility Criteria:
The Institute of Hotel Management, Ahmedabad is a Government Education institute which was established in the year 1972, by the Government of India, under the Department of the Ministry of Tourism.
At the time of its inception the institute was named as the “Food Craft Institute (Ahmedabad) Society, but its only in the year 1984 that it was Re-Christened Again to the “Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition (Ahmedabad Society)”
As of today the Institute has evolved and come a long way to become of the most versatile and pristine institutes of Hotel Management in the Country. Presently, the Institute has been affiliated to the National Council for the Hotel Management, which is also known as the “NCHP”, which is an Apex Body that is established under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
Courses and Programs Offered by the Institute of Hotel Management, Ahmedabad:
The Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology, Ahmedabad offers a 3 year Full time/Regular Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Course in Hospitality and Hotel Administration. The Medium or the Mode for conducting this Course/Program will be Campus Mode, (meaning this is not a long distance program)
Eligibility Criteria for the Course/Program:
(a)Educational Qualification Required:
- All the Candidates are required to appear and pass out their 10+2 HSC Board Examination, or the Plus two level examination or any other equivalent examination from any other recognized or equivalent Board such as the Central Board of Secondary Education or the Council for Indian School Certificate or the State Board of Secondary Education.
- Candidates who are also cleared out their Intermediate or 2 year Pre University Examination, which is conducted by any Board or University, are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have cleared and pass out their High School Examination, which are Conducted by the Cambridge University or any public school/University from a Foreign Country are also eligible to apply for the Program/Course.
(b)Age Limit for all Candidates:
- For all the Candidates & Students, who belong to the General Category and the OBC Category, the upper age limit will be 22 years
- For all the Candidates & Students who belong to the Schedule Caste and the Schedule Tribe, the upper age limit will be 25 years
- For the above mentioned purpose the Age of the Candidate, which is mentioned on the School Leaving Certificate shall be considered only.