Indian Engineering Services, abbreviated as IES are the civil services that meet the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India. Like most countries, the Government of India recruits its civil servants and officials on the basis of merit, the middle management positions in the bureaucracy are filled through competitive exams. Large number of candidates take these exams, competing for limited posts. IES officers are selected by the union government on the recommendations made by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). A combined four-stage competitive examination (comprising six tests), called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is conducted by the UPSC for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services.
IES examination 2015 – Examination pattern
The written exam comprises of 2 sections.
- Section I consists of only objective type questions
- section II comprises conventional papers.
Both the papers cover entire syllabus of the relevant engineering disciplines. If you qualify the written examination, personality test of 200 marks is conducted.
|Sr. No.||Section/Paper||Duration||Maximum marks|
|1||Section - I (Objective)|
|a||General Ability Test||2 hours||200|
|b||Engineering Paper I||2 hours||200|
|c||Engineering Paper II||2 hours||200|
|2||Section II (Conventional)|
|a||Engineering Paper I||3 hours||200|
|b||Engineering Paper II||3 hours||200|
How to apply online for IES 2015
- Candidates need to scan their photograph and signature.
- Now candidates should login to UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in
- Fill up application form with all necessary details.
- Check all the details carefully and press submit button.
- Online application System will now generate the registration number.
- Get the printout of the online challan and pay the fee to your nearest SBI bank.
- Now visit the web portal again to finish the process.
- Fill the challan number and registration number and press enter.
- Take the print out of the system generated reference number/form for the future use.
Application Fee for IES examination 2015
For General/OBC candidates – Rs. 200
No Application fee for – SC, ST, PH (Physical handicap) and female candidates
Candidates can make payment through online mode or offline mode.
- Online Payment Mode: Credit Card, Debit Card and Internet Banking.
- Offline Payment Mode: E-Challan through any branch of SBI (State Bank of India)
Exam Syllabus for IES examination 2015
- General Ability Test Syllabus
- Category I : Civil Engineering
- Category II : Mechanical Engineering
- Category III : Electrical Engineering
- Category IV : Electronics & Communication Engineering
For more information in IES, you can visit the official website or you can Click Here
For more details on IES examinations and results keep reading us on www.careersamosa.com. We wish you all the best!!