ICAR stands for Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). ICAR is an Indian entrance exam meant for Bachelor’s Degree Program in Agriculture & the allied subjects (other than Veterinary Science) Let us have a look at the ICAR Deemed to be Universities.
ICAR Deemed to be Universities
- NDRI Karnal Haryana
- IVRI – Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- IARI- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- CIFE-Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai Maharashtra
- SHIATS Allahabad- Formerly Allhabad Agriculture Institute)
It is known that the scores obtained by ICAR are accepted by 59 State Agricultural, Veterinary, Horticulture & the Fishery Universities. The Stream A includes, Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Forestry, Home Sciences, Sericulture, Bio-Technology. On the other hand Stream B includes Agriculture Engineering, Dairy Technology, food sciences, agriculture marketing & co-operation. Also candidates have the right to exercise options only for one stream. All those candidates who have completed their Graduation as well as Post Graduation can apply for ICAR entrance exam.
In order to appear for ICAR entrance exam, candidates must belong to an age group of 18-23 years. Candidates must have completed 19 years compulsorily in order to appear for the exam. For PGS: 21 – 30 year is age limit for SRF.
- For candidates taking up Under Graduate courses, candidates must have completed their Class 12th in PCM/ PCB/ PCMB/ PGA/ PCH.
- While applying for Post Graduation, candidates must have completed Graduation in Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Forestry, Agri. Marketing and Cooperation, Food Science, Biotechnology, Basic and allied sciences.
For more news please write down to us at http://www.careersamosa.com